Hi Everyone,

Just got back from Vietnam. While I was in Vietnam, I used VN Mobifone as my carrier. Prior to me leaving to VN, I called up Verizon and had my 9930 unlocked. For some reason, my phone would not connect to the BB server while I was in Vietnam, even over wifi. Any ideas on why this is? As soon as I landed in Taiwan, my phone was able to connect to the BB servers and all my emails were downloaded. I hope my phone is able to connect to the BB server at least over wifi next time in Vietnam...
    01-28-13 09:35 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vietnam does not have BIS/BES.
    01-28-13 09:45 PM
    They should, they even have a BB store in Vietnam and RIM is quite active in Vietnam with events. I just never made it to the dedicated BB store they have there.
    01-28-13 09:52 PM
    Same here.. I bought a SIM paid as you go while I was in VN, so maybe that's the reason why I don't have BIS.
    01-28-13 09:57 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vietnam does not have BIS/BES.
    Yes, we have BIS/BES in Vietnam and furthermore, we are enjoying the cheapest fee, for less than $2 (VND40,000) per month for unlimited 3G data. Well, even though the first 500MB is with highest speed and then lower after that.

To OP: BIS/BES service does support dual band device like 9930, but you have to do certain modifications, and its not stable. Each time you restart the device, there is a high chance you will lose the BIS/BES and have to start setting up from the beginning. Very annoying. I was suffered that before switching to current 9900, and it is working just perfect.
    02-20-13 04:22 AM
    Yes, we have BIS/BES in Vietnam and furthermore, we are enjoying the cheapest fee, for less than $2 (VND40,000) per month for unlimited 3G data. Well, even though the first 500MB is with highest speed and then lower after that.

To OP: BIS/BES service does support dual band device like 9930, but you have to do certain modifications, and its not stable. Each time you restart the device, there is a high chance you will lose the BIS/BES and have to start setting up from the beginning. Very annoying. I was suffered that before switching to current 9900, and it is working just perfect.
    All main carriers in VN don't support CDMA devices, include Mobifone that you used, that is the reason why there is no CDMA device distributed in VN market. If you want to use BIS there, you need a GMS mobile.

// In fact, CDMA devices sometimes can be activated BIS in VN, but not frequently.
    02-20-13 04:39 AM