Let me start off saying that i absolutely LOVE my Blackberry bold 9930. Came from the 9650 heard about the 9930 and fell in love LOL.
    1st chance I got, I paid my $250 and walked out the Sprint store feeling like a million bucks, back in February.

This ladies and gentlemen is where my story turns sour.

(Original) - A couple months later, I want to say April/May, my beloved Bold fell victim of a horrible crime. DROWNING. You see like all typical females I find it extremely convenient to tuck away my smooth little Blackberry into the back pocket of my jeans. A mistake I will live with for the rest of my life. LOL. The Bold being so slender and light. I completely forgot that it was there. As I slid my jeans down to tinkle ( lol) all I heard was PLOMP!
    I already knew before I saw. My heart sank. My spidey senses tingled and faster then Spiderman himself I snatch out my Blackberry (totally forgetting I had to tinkle). I reacted with the precesion of an EMS unit caring for an Asthmatic ( I should know. I'm an Asthmatic) I pulled out the battery, the memory card, and my sim. Ran out the door looking for a Ziplock and rice. (after pulling up my pants) THANK GOD I'm Dominican my mother had a HUGE container of rice. SADLY my Blackberry just didnt hold out. TOO ASURION! (pointing at the laptop like a pirate) (well not really but it sounds cool to say). Ordered my replacement I'm PRETTY sure I paid $150 at the time. But not sure.

(1st Replacement) - Received the next day. I learned my lesson and kept my 3rd child in her comfy holster during our travels. The bonding process was relatively easy. Once again owner and Blackberry were in sync as one. (maybe a lil extreme but I'm pretty sure we've all been there). And we lived happily ever after. The End ......... I WISH! As luck will have it. Their this psychotic cellphone serial killer called The Floor. You see within a month my 2nd BB also met a horrendous fate. Enjoying a delicious meal at Mickey Ds my Bold ran into The Floor. The battle begun. 2 will enter but only 1 will win. My BB is swift and fast but The Floor was just too big. I had high hopes but literally they were shattered. My screen was in a billion pieces. All i could do was giggle. SERIOSULY. You will understand why.
    The Blackberry Tale thats erking my nerves.-526723_459553414056949_584705092_n.jpg

You see I'm a HUGE Blackberry fan. I see alot of potential in Blackberry. Not to mention I NEED reliability being a single mom of 2. I have a younger brother Henry has to be one of the BIGGEST Apple Fan Boys out there. Pretty sure he leads his own Apple Cult. (lol) And theirs the 2nd oldest Irving who is a rebell and just has a simple Boost flip-phone. Irv and I would tease Henry on his "All-Mightly" iPhone. We would tease him how he paid so much $ on his Apple product with no insurance. We would PURPOSELY drop our phones on my moms ceramic floors and tell him to follow suit. We paid less yet our phones are hardy. Ofcourse Henry would just hold onto his Iphizzy tighter. My BB dropped no scratch no crack nothing. Irvs battery would pop out. And we walked away laughing. You see now why I giggled when my screen shattered. I purposedly dropped my phone many times with no outcome. Its actually slid off the roof of my THEN Pontiac Vibe and nothing. But I ACCIDENTLY drop it at McDonalds and GAME OVER.

(2nd Repacement) - My second replacement had to wait. I lost my Vibe and was downgraded from future Target Mobile Manager to part time Sales Associate at Radioshack. The screen was cracked BUT the phone was still functional. I delt with alot of ridicule. My partner and I got through it heads high. It wasnt until October that I was able to replace my BB. TOO ASURION! (lol) This time only $100. Now the battle with Asurion begins

(3rd Replacement) - YAYE NEW BB! No more cracked screen. BUT with a new phone came a new problem. The camera. Every picture showed a couple circle stains on the screen. Only with pictures so it wasnt the screen itself it was the camera. I have an infant and who doesnt like taking baby pictures. This will not do. Calling Asurion to fix the issue was difficult. They made me call from a different phone. SORRY but house phones are the thing of the past. Then I was transfered around, disconnected, dropped, or wrong departments. After the 10th call that morning I hung up satisfied.
    The Blackberry Tale thats erking my nerves.-553449_518428761502747_79189333_n.jpg

(4th Replacement) - At this point I'm happy but annoyed. More backups and restores. The End right? NO! This 4th device has a disfunctional mic. I cannot be heard on calls. WTF! SERIOUSLY! You have to be $%#^ kidding me. NOPE! TOO Asurion! (Not so much pirate mode as Mafia Mode). After once again transfers, hang ups, cursing the cosmos for my horrible luck. I was sent a 5th device.

5th Replacement - When will it be over. Received my 5th device today about an hour ago. You know those crazy employees who completely loose it and take ak47s and shot guns and take out the coworkers. Well I "don't" feel like that. I feel like my baby does when I let her drink half her bottle then take it away so she can eat her solids. The 5th Device is ALSO corrupted by the hands of Asurion Technicians. You can clearly see fragments whether fiber or hair I cannot tell but they are under the glass lens of the camera covering the camera lens. FML! .............
    :l
    UPDATE
    I do believe I must've pissed off the Blackberry gods. I'm being punished. Is it because I was once a die hard Windows Mobile groupie? Where do I send my "I'm sorry card?" The camera issue was just me being paranoid. (WHO wouldnt want a PERFECT Blackberry. I DO!) I backed up old device to get started with my new BB and FINALLY be at peace. I try to restore my new BB with old BB stuff. And long and behold I get error 507.. O YES! I LOVE IT! Can you say bricked? I can. BRICKED.. Well sorta lol.. Error 507 means no software on the device. I had to load that back on. I just want a working phone thats all. I want a BB that works. (drumroll please) Ladies and gentlemen this BB does not. People can hear me this time. BUT I cant hear them unless its bluetooth, headset or speakerphone. The actual physical earpiece on the phone does not work. I SERIOUSLY just cried. And I SERIOUSLY just went Dexter, My plan to take over the world starts NOW!

uh... maybe i'll postpone that. The baby's crying. lol

This is were people say forget this I'm switching to a different device that isnt Blackberry.But that would be treason. Trust me the thought crossed my mind. The SG3 looks mighty lovely right about now. BUT! I WANT a Blackberry. A Blackberry is what I paid for and a Blackberry I shall get. This time I refuse anything refurbished. This is rediculous. I DEMAND JUSTICE!

(Deep sigh.) I shall now lay in bed with my teddy staring blankly at my BB. Its not your fault MY PRECIOUS (Gollum voice) GoodNight..
    Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 11-08-12 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Updating
    BigBadWulf and Ben1232 like this.
    11-06-12 02:19 PM
    I have to say, that is quite the story there! I know how you feel, I've had quite a few replacement Bolds as well, mostly for technical problems. I think your best bet would be to take the phone apart (if you're brave enough) to try and get out whatever is under the screen. But does this make a difference in camera pictures? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. It can be annoying to look at, but it's rare that you look at the back of your phone.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-06-12 02:34 PM
    Sorry to hear about all that.

I would suggest

1. Careful where you put it (no falling in water)

2. Put a case on it (wont crack when you drop it, no damage to camera area)

All of the incidents appear to be consumer inflicted injuries not defects in quality or workmanship.

I found the way you wrote the story entertaining.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-06-12 04:30 PM
    I'm sorry but I have to admit that I had a brief laugh at your expense. I'm really sorry about your bad luck. And I'm going to second the suggestion for a case. Maybe a thin skin can be used in addition to your holster.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-06-12 05:24 PM
    Adorable kid.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-06-12 06:22 PM
    Sorry to hear about all that.

I would suggest

1. Careful where you put it (no falling in water)

2. Put a case on it (wont crack when you drop it, no damage to camera area)

All of the incidents appear to be consumer inflicted injuries not defects in quality or workmanship.

I found the way you wrote the story entertaining.
    After I replaced the crack screen. I ordered a thin case that clips into a holster. So that's been helping.

And thank you. I try to turn bad situations into a good one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-06-12 06:26 PM
    I have to say, that is quite the story there! I know how you feel, I've had quite a few replacement Bolds as well, mostly for technical problems. I think your best bet would be to take the phone apart (if you're brave enough) to try and get out whatever is under the screen. But does this make a difference in camera pictures? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. It can be annoying to look at, but it's rare that you look at the back of your phone.
    Thank you. But I'm too scared to take a part on my own.

11-06-12 06:30 PM
    I'm sorry but I have to admit that I had a brief laugh at your expense. I'm really sorry about your bad luck. And I'm going to second the suggestion for a case. Maybe a thin skin can be used in addition to your holster.
    Lol. Its ok. I giggled while writing it as well. And I deff have a case now.

Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 11-06-12 at 06:53 PM.
    11-06-12 06:34 PM
    Seeing that Bold breaks my heart
    I cannot imagine that happening to my phone and i think we need (stories) thread XD
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-06-12 09:42 PM
    I would def suggest a case even a leather sleeve.

I left my 9900 on the roof of my car and drove off, it fell later in traffic in a bend and not only survived but it only had the tiniest scratch on the steel bezel.

Lol, that back pocked is such a classic, you're not the first and definitely not the last to do that.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-07-12 03:03 AM
    Sorry to hear of our misfortunes, but a great read none the less. You might have a new job as a writer.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-07-12 04:59 AM
    Sorry to hear of our misfortunes, but a great read none the less. You might have a new job as a writer.
    hmmmmm you might have a good point....
    11-07-12 07:00 PM
    I see a otter box in your future. The water proof one would be my recommendation.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-07-12 08:06 PM
    But does this make a difference in camera pictures? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. It can be annoying to look at, but it's rare that you look at the back of your phone.
    you were correct no difference pictures came out great.
    Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 11-08-12 at 01:18 PM.
    11-07-12 08:26 PM
    Umm where is Kevin because we have an awesome junior editor right here. I look forward to reading your post in the future. I'm no English major but I found your post intriguing I've never really read any post on here that I could really truly feel, just vague observations and facts but the way you expressed your unfortunate Berry experiences were unparalleled. #blackberrygang
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-07-12 09:28 PM
    Umm where is Kevin because we have an awesome junior editor right here. I look forward to reading your post in the future. I'm no English major but I found your post intriguing I've never really read any post on here that I could really truly feel, just vague observations and facts but the way you expressed your unfortunate Berry experiences were unparalleled. #blackberrygang
    Too kind... I totally look like the blushy face emoticon right now.
    I can see the headlines now The Girl With A Thousand Blackberry Replacements. Haha.

11-07-12 10:07 PM
    You write beautifully...very good reads! Very refreshing around here. Good luck with your quest for the perfect replacement. I've had a few myself...one bad one after the next. RIM's Q/C is something that's exceptionally poor in the CE world.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-07-12 10:19 PM
    You write beautifully...very good reads! Very refreshing around here. Good luck with your quest for the perfect replacement. I've had a few myself...one bad one after the next. RIM's Q/C is something that's exceptionally poor in the CE world.
    Time to open up the windows my head just got big. Lol. JP. Thank you so much..

I thank all of you Matter of fact. Most people see a long post and are too lazy to read it. (Guilty) But I thank you guys for taking the time out to get a laugh at my expense.

Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 11-08-12 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spell check
    11-07-12 10:32 PM
    First of all, really cute baby. Secondly, my heart goes out to you on your misfortunes with the BB... Hopefully RIM will see this thread and decide to just give you a free Bold for all the trouble you went through...
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-08-12 02:13 AM
    Thank you. But I'm too scared to take a part on my own.
    Understandable!! I tried to switch out housings on my 9930 but ended up ruining it, had to get RIM to ship me another one. I really hope you end up getting a working BlackBerry, you deserve it! I think if you pray to the BlackBerry gods 3 times a day and sacrifice a WP to them, they may accept your apology.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-08-12 07:52 AM

I thank all of you Matter of fact. Most people see a long post and are too lazy to read it. (Guilty) But I thank you guys for taking the time out to get a laugh at my expense.

Great thread / posts.

I too usually pass on novel type posts. The first few lines got me interested with the odd laugh thrown in. I hope your latest Bold see's you through until BB10's arrival. Keep it cased and stop throwing it at the floor
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-08-12 10:18 AM