Can anyone with 2 phones with Blackberry Tag check to see if the media transfer thing works as advertised?

If I go view a picture or video stored on my phone, hit menu, then send, "Tag" now shows up as an option. Selecting it turn on the NFC on my phone and asks me to tap another NFC phone. I know no one else with a 9930 so I can't test this for myself.

If this works, that'd be some real bad marketing on Sprint's part for not letting everyone know they were the first to get Tag or even letting us know its now enabled.

Thanks!
    01-09-12 02:19 PM
    Really curious and excited about this. Hope it was in 7.0
    01-09-12 02:56 PM
    Well, its already in the 7.1 that got released by Sprint a few weeks ago (that's where I got it), except I barely found out it was in there today.

I just wanted to see if someone had the ability to try this out and confirm that its running since I don't have access to a second phone running 7.1.
    01-09-12 04:55 PM
    It works. I just tested it. One had an otterbox on and the other did not, and it worked. But while its neat to play around with, I am still waiting for some 'real world ' ways to use nfc. Well while rim is clearly the pioneer in terms of nfc, the way I see it nfc will start to make headlines only when apple and android have it. Dang, why does it have to be that way?
    johnmarki likes this.
    01-09-12 07:04 PM
    I can confirm that BB Tag works fine.
    You only need to make sure that the NFC is ON and the backlight is on.
    01-09-12 07:09 PM
    It works. I just tested it. One had an otterbox on and the other did not, and it worked. But while its neat to play around with, I am still waiting for some 'real world ' ways to use nfc. Well while rim is clearly the pioneer in terms of nfc, the way I see it nfc will start to make headlines only when apple and android have it. Dang, why does it have to be that way?
    If memory serves me correct, android was first to support nfc and I think HTC or samsung was first to deploy it in a phone.
    01-09-12 08:14 PM
    Sweeet!
    And honestly, I prefer this simple functionality over the other credit card type stuff (which they probably want to charge us for). Been too many times where i'll take a picture/video and want to send it to a friend next to me, but then I have to wait til I have good service, or wait til i get home I can email the larger stuff.
    This way its quick and painless.
    01-10-12 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD