So my problem is my blackberry 9900 shuts off and reboots when i i try to use the camera flash. every time my battery gets about 2/3 or half way it goes straight to red and starts saying too low for radio use. anyone has this problem that could help?
    07-20-12 10:16 AM
    So my problem is my blackberry 9900 shuts off and reboots when i i try to use the camera flash. every time my battery gets about 2/3 or half way it goes straight to red and starts saying too low for radio use. anyone has this problem that could help?
    have you tried wiping and loading a different os? or doing a battery pull then try the camera
    07-20-12 10:38 AM
    This is most likely a battery issue, it happened to me, you need to give it a very long charge all night using the charger that came with your phone, if that doesn't work you'll need a new battery.
    07-20-12 10:53 AM
    before i tried putting a paper between the battery and the top end and it worked for a while then it started happening again. but i will try installing the latest os and charging it longer or even getting a new battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-20-12 06:25 PM
    I have this issue as well... what have you done to resolve it?

I have:
    * Reloaded the OS
    * Done Security wipe
    * Tried various OS versions
    01-23-13 01:11 AM
    Hello, I would like to tell you my history about this problem;

After 8 months of heavy use of the BlackBerry 9790;

- Rebooting randomly, or when open the maps, google maps (GPS app), shooting pictures (flash) or browsing (3G, Wifi). Seems when the device need more power.
    - Charging sometime is ok, about 2-1/2 hours or 3h and other gets forever, or is very fast, or stuck at 95% or others numbers.
    - When reboots, the battery drops from 60% to 20% or 10% and if reboots again get back to 60%.
    - Sometimes said low battery to use radio and the battery meter is at 60% or greater.
    - Sometimes when try to use the flash said low battery and the meter is over 50%.
    - When the battery level is high (>75%) fewer problems detected.
    - When the device is plugged no problem detected.
    - Tried 2 new original batteries with the same results.
    - Tried put paper between the battery and the cover with the same results.
    - Tried all the firmwares with the same results.

To me is a must have device so I bought a new one and sent the faulty device to RIM, but I have questions, and maybe we could help each other to understand this problem. My point is that with the use the integrated circuit (IC charger) who distributes the power inside the phone acts in a weird manner. Don't know why, maybe moisture, bad use, a fall or other things, hope the technical service of RIM (UK) could tell me why this happens.

Please, share your history about this problem, maybe is a common problem among blackberry devices.

Greetings.
    01-23-13 02:33 AM
    Why don't you look threw the forums there a man that has solved all this without doin any of the its called a cycle reboot
    01-23-13 06:11 AM
    Why don't you look threw the forums there a man that has solved all this without doin any of the its called a cycle reboot
    What are you talking about? If I understood correctly this is not a constant cycle reboot, it only happens when the battery gets low! I think this is not a software related problem, at least in my case. I sent the faulty device to RIM (UK) and waiting...
    01-23-13 07:07 AM
    Sorry I stand corected yeah ya might need a new battery
    L u i s likes this.
    01-23-13 07:29 AM
    My 9900 has been doing this too. The battery is shot to heII so I'm hoping the battery I ordered will remedy this situation.
    01-23-13 10:32 PM
    just get a new battery. It goes for 6 bucks at amazon. After a year and half, my battery acted in the same way. After installing a new one, my phone is as good as new.
    cknighten and Antton like this.
    01-24-13 11:03 PM
    Ive been having the same issues. The battery drains randomly and at times can drop 50% in a minute or two. When it gets lower than ~25% it starts rebooting.
    I ordered a new battery so hopefully that will solve the issue.
    Thanks for all of your help by posting your past issues and what did/did not help
    02-06-13 11:44 AM
    I got the same problem with BB Curve 9360: - random rebooting (even when charging!). I have received a new BB from Orange and I have bought a new battery .. and the problem is the same!?. The battery seems to drain very quickly. With a new phone and a new battery and having reloaded the OS, the only thing that has not been renewed is the SIM and the memory card. Could the problem come from one of these cards?? It seems very strange to me!
    05-24-13 11:15 AM
    Luis, did RIM come back to you with any reasoning? I'm getting this exact problem and also expect it to be hardware as have tried firmware versions new batteries and more.
    01-17-14 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD