01-17-14 03:26 PM
- 07-20-12 10:38 AM
- Hello, I would like to tell you my history about this problem;
After 8 months of heavy use of the BlackBerry 9790;
- Rebooting randomly, or when open the maps, google maps (GPS app), shooting pictures (flash) or browsing (3G, Wifi). Seems when the device need more power.
- Charging sometime is ok, about 2-1/2 hours or 3h and other gets forever, or is very fast, or stuck at 95% or others numbers.
- When reboots, the battery drops from 60% to 20% or 10% and if reboots again get back to 60%.
- Sometimes said low battery to use radio and the battery meter is at 60% or greater.
- Sometimes when try to use the flash said low battery and the meter is over 50%.
- When the battery level is high (>75%) fewer problems detected.
- When the device is plugged no problem detected.
- Tried 2 new original batteries with the same results.
- Tried put paper between the battery and the cover with the same results.
- Tried all the firmwares with the same results.
To me is a must have device so I bought a new one and sent the faulty device to RIM, but I have questions, and maybe we could help each other to understand this problem. My point is that with the use the integrated circuit (IC charger) who distributes the power inside the phone acts in a weird manner. Don't know why, maybe moisture, bad use, a fall or other things, hope the technical service of RIM (UK) could tell me why this happens.
Please, share your history about this problem, maybe is a common problem among blackberry devices.
Greetings.01-23-13 02:33 AM
- 01-23-13 07:07 AM
- Ive been having the same issues. The battery drains randomly and at times can drop 50% in a minute or two. When it gets lower than ~25% it starts rebooting.
I ordered a new battery so hopefully that will solve the issue.
Thanks for all of your help by posting your past issues and what did/did not help02-06-13 11:44 AM
- I got the same problem with BB Curve 9360: - random rebooting (even when charging!). I have received a new BB from Orange and I have bought a new battery .. and the problem is the same!?. The battery seems to drain very quickly. With a new phone and a new battery and having reloaded the OS, the only thing that has not been renewed is the SIM and the memory card. Could the problem come from one of these cards?? It seems very strange to me!05-24-13 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD