They're having a hard enough time with BB10 devices, what makes you think stretching those devices further will help?
    05-14-15 08:53 PM
    They can, but they should be unbiased or favor BlackBerry.
    It is favoring BlackBerry, since keeping BBOS around will harm the company.
    jas1978, david7saad and FrankIAm like this.
    05-14-15 09:15 PM
    But then what would organizations like the Government of Ontario do?
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    05-14-15 09:44 PM
    But then what would organizations like the Government of Ontario do?
    Get BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    david7saad and FrankIAm like this.
    05-14-15 11:14 PM
    Get BB10 phones.
    Apparently they can't afford to. Or they don't see the value in it.
    05-14-15 11:15 PM
    Apparently they can't afford to. Or they don't see the value in it.
    They will eventually do it. There will come a time when BB7 is obsolete.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-14-15 11:20 PM
    That's exactly what he's doing, BB7 was the reason why BlackBerry was almost put in a coffin due to its bad reputation and malfunctions, so let it die.

mkelley65, david7saad and paulbbp like this.
    05-14-15 11:25 PM
    That's exactly what he's doing, BB7 was the reason why BlackBerry was almost put in a coffin due to its bad reputation and malfunctions, so let it die.
    This. Lazaridis himself said he should have bought QNX earlier, alluding that if he had, they wouldn't have even let BBOS run as long as it has.

As well, he said the one thing he wished he did differently during his last two years of tenure at the helm of BlackBerry was to roll out the revamped QNX platform sooner. “I think the biggest thing for us was we knew we had to transition platforms, and I just wish we bought QNX earlier,” he said.
    I loved my Bold 9900 and still think it's one of the best devices they ever made, but the OS itself is WAYYYYY past its prime. There's a reason BlackBerry moved into BlackBerry 10 and it's not because BBOS was doing them any favors. It was (and arguably still is) holding them back. The only thing beneficial left to suck out of it was SAF.
    05-15-15 12:42 AM
    I would like to see BB10 phone is a Bold 9900 casing.. I Think the form factor of Bold 9900 was and is perfect...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:55 AM
    Not cool Bla1ze. They should continue to at least support the OS7, and make minor upgrades to the OS (such as a OS flashlight app, I know there are apps). I think I will continue to use my BB9900, for the rest of my life. I only use my phone for communication purposes. (E-mail, texting, calling, BBM and Whatsapp). Nothing more, BlackBerry 9900 is perfect for that.
    bbos is really old, outdated and any updates to the os could never ever match what bb10 can offer, let alone ios or android... meaning its pointless...

BlackBerry should never even consider taking that route. the release of the classic (and maybe passport) should have brought bbos users over.. and actually there are quite a few threads about how people are still happy with bbos and bb10 doesnt do this or that... I have had blackberrys since the curve 8900, and yes they were great.. but at the time . bb10 was an update and you just have to get use to it. when getting use to the hub, there is no way I could even consider going back to bbos... not to mention bb10 also brings functionality up to par with othe os's... better apps, features etc...

messaging on bb10 destroys that of bbos (imo of course)... its super efficient... as well as incredible os overall!

Bite the bullet.... buy the classic. you will not be disappointed. and also, change is inevitable. its how technology advances... you will be pleasantly surprised if you force yourself to upgrade!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-15-15 03:47 AM
    I think many 9900 users like me don�t want a way back to OS 7.1 but the classic is not exactly the piece of device we want it to be.
    And the worse of all is the price BB offer for a 2-3 year old electronics components. We see unreal high prices in Europe for BB devices and Android based smart phones offers quite a lot more for quite a lot less. So.. Blackberry have a black destinity if can�t change this.
    OS 10 experience don�t seem captivate customers enought, is much more.
    That�s my opinion.
    George_B likes this.
    05-15-15 05:09 AM
    Seeing that there are 30+ million bbos users and only around 7 million bb10 users that's a horrible strategy. There are no hooks in bb10 to bring over bbos users. There never were which is why bb10 turned into nothing more than a good excuse to switch to android and iphone.

If I have to learn a totally new os why would I choose one that has no apps and no dev community. Bbm is cross platform there is no negative for a bbos user to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Everything you typed here is so freaking spot on.

I used nothing but BlackBerry devices for many years. Starting with the 7250 way back when. Since then, I have owned around 50 BlackBerry devices.

For years, I carried two phones. A BlackBerry as my primary phone and an Android for media, apps and goofing off. Even when I had the much nicer Nexus 4, my Bold 9900 was still my primary phone with actual cellular connectivity.

Then I got a Z10. It was supposed to be my new primary phone, but I struggled to find a reason to use it over my Nexus. So it went into a drawer to collect dust. Then I got a Q10 and had the same problem except with the addition of double typing! I sold it and haven't bought a BB10 device since.

Truth be told, I would probably still be carrying a BB0S phone if they still made new ones. BB10 did what I at one time thought was impossible - it turned me from being someone who always carried two devices to being someone that only carries one Android device.
    05-15-15 08:53 AM
    BB10 did what I at one time thought was impossible - it turned me from being someone who always carried two devices to being someone that only carries one Android device.
    With no compelling successor to the Z10 and Z30, there will be many others following in your footsteps.
    Witmen likes this.
    05-15-15 10:03 AM
    I would like to see BB10 phone is a Bold 9900 casing.. I Think the form factor of Bold 9900 was and is perfect...

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that called a Q10? Except it has a larger screen and no toolbelt...
    05-15-15 10:11 AM
    I loved BBOS and my 9900 and passed on BB10 until the Passport arrived.

Was due an upgrade from my carrier, took the gamble and haven't regretted it once.

I occasionally get the 9900 out of it's box and charge it up, but it just feels like a "toy phone" now and there is no way I could use it as a daily driver and quite frankly and amazed that I did so for 3 years.

Every dog has it's day and the 9900 has had it's.

BB10 is the best OS out there at the moment, embrace it.
    anon(6038817), jas1978 and Mr4aces like this.
    05-15-15 11:06 AM
    The 9900 was a pain in the bum in so many ways, but I keep telling everyone, it was the one true BlackBerry... no BB10 device feels like it, and I have the Z10, Q10, Z30, PP..... the 9900 will always be the legend.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    05-15-15 11:10 AM
    They will eventually do it. There will come a time when BB7 is obsolete.

No, a lot of organizations/companies are moving to Apple/Android or bring your own device solution.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-15-15 11:11 AM
    I wonder where belfastdispatcher is...the guy has a real knack of arguing against BB10 and for BBOS
    05-15-15 11:20 AM
    I loved BBOS and my 9900 and passed on BB10 until the Passport arrived.

Was due an upgrade from my carrier, took the gamble and haven't regretted it once.

I occasionally get the 9900 out of it's box and charge it up, but it just feels like a "toy phone" now and there is no way I could use it as a daily driver and quite frankly and amazed that I did so for 3 years.

Every dog has it's day and the 9900 has had it's.

BB10 is the best OS out there at the moment, embrace it.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-15-15 11:25 AM
    No, a lot of organizations/companies are moving to Apple/Android or bring your own device solution.
    And are you wondering why they're leaving BBOS?

I wonder where belfastdispatcher is...the guy has a real knack of arguing against BB10 and for BBOS
    Say his name three times.

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    05-15-15 11:46 AM
    If they are going to re-release bbos 7 then I think they need to do it as a Porsche.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 11:52 AM
    I can't believe I'm saying this because God knows I loved my 9900 and hated having to give it up (in fact, I still carry it because of my bible notes)...

But this is like saying Ford should still sell the model T because there's a market for classic cars... There are ways of getting a model T just like there are ways of getting a 9900, but Ford and BB need to keep marching forward...
    Um, no, it's not like saying that at all. Absolutely no comparison. The model T is purchased purely as a show piece, not as a daily driver. People don't want to get a 9900 so they can restore it and take it to antique phone shows, they want it so they blow the doors off other people on the highway and get stuff done faster.
    05-15-15 12:12 PM
    Still using the 9900 as my main phone.

Have a Q10 -- which I keep updated to the latest leak -- now 10.3.2.680 -- to keep up and aware of the BB10 capabilities and lack of.

With the 9900, I can identify contacts by Categories...but BB10 doesn't have Categories.

I'm told that Categories will be coming to BB10, but no idea of when that might happen.

With over 6,300 contacts in my 9900, I'm not going to move to any BB10 device that lacks Categories and lose all that information...so I'll just wait. Then I'd go with a Classic, for the trackpad is essential to me.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-15-15 12:13 PM
    Instead of another release of the 9900, perhaps they should simply be making the classic with something anywhere near the 9900's capabilities.

People aren't necessarily in love with the old OS so much as all the features that BB10 left on the side of the road.

Company - "Here's your new state of the art car. This is the future."
    Customer - "Looks nice, but where's the power steering and cruise control? You've had those features forever."
    Company - "Keep moving."
    Customer- "Hey....you don't have power seats anymore? Even my friends car has this."
    Company- "Tools not toys"
    Customer- "Wait....there's no mirror anymore?"
    Company- "This is the future"
    Customer- "I think I'll stick with my old car in the past with all the nice features I want".
    05-15-15 01:06 PM
    aa lot of ppl don't want to move on cuz BlackBerry10 phones price,plan price and bos phones and plan prices
    05-15-15 01:08 PM
482 1234 ...