Today in my email I got a email from donotreply​@blackberry​.com and this came up

" Confirm your BlackBerry� ID email address

Hello ____________,

To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry� ID, confirm your email address by clicking on this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com (Im not gonna give my full link, because of security reasons)

This link will expire in 24 hours.

BlackBerry� ID is your universal BlackBerry key. Here's what it offers:

One sign in for all BlackBerry applications, services, and websites.
    Automatic transfer of some email accounts and services when you switch smartphones.
    Full access to all features in BlackBerry� App World� storefront.
    Protection of financial transactions using BlackBerry services.

You can learn more about BlackBerry� ID by visiting https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/

Thank you,

The BlackBerry Team
    This email has been automatically generated. Please do not reply to this email.

If you have not previously indicated that you wish to receive emails from Research In Motion Limited and/or its affiliated companies regarding exclusive offers and updates about BlackBerry products and services and you would like to do so, please click here.

Research In Motion Limited, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3W8

�2012 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, RIM�, Research In Motion� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world."

Anyone else get this? when I click the confirmation page it tells me to type in my password and it just didnt seem right
    02-16-12 08:12 PM
    Do you have a blackberr id? I think you got the email because you might not have a blackberry id. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    02-16-12 08:18 PM
    Do you have a blackberr id? I think you got the email because you might not have a blackberry id. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    a blackberryid as in the account i use in appworld to download/buy apps than yes I do
    02-16-12 08:20 PM
    What makes you think it's a scam?

I got the same email after several SIM card swaps between my 9790 and 9900.

I followed the link and it's totally legitimate.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-16-12 08:24 PM
    What makes you think it's a scam?

I got the same email after several SIM card swaps between my 9790 and 9900.

I followed the link and it's totally legitimate.
    just making sure thank you
    02-16-12 08:27 PM
    I got the email and ignored it also. Wasn't sure if it was a spoof or not.
    02-16-12 08:38 PM
    it's all ok i too got mails from blackberry often, all seems to be legit.
    02-16-12 08:41 PM
    Same here. I got the email a few days ago. It seems legit to me...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-16-12 08:54 PM
    It's legit I just tried it
    02-16-12 08:58 PM
    It's legit. I think it's RIM's way of linking all your emails to your BBID, making it easier to have many devices.
    02-16-12 09:03 PM
    It's legit. I think it's RIM's way of linking all your emails to your BBID, making it easier to have many devices.
    Sounds legit. I haven't got that email though.
    02-16-12 09:08 PM
    I got the email today after installing the leaked OS. And I went to it and typed in my password, looks good to me
    02-16-12 09:34 PM
    Sounds legit. I haven't got that email though.
    I know it's legit because I spent all wednesday evening downgrading and installing different OSes to find a solution for a problem... Every time a new OS, the same donotreply email showed up. No way a scammer can tell every time a NEW OS was loaded on to send the same email. :P
    02-16-12 09:55 PM
    I know it's legit because I spent all wednesday evening downgrading and installing different OSes to find a solution for a problem... Every time a new OS, the same donotreply email showed up. No way a scammer can tell every time a NEW OS was loaded on to send the same email. :P
    I was assuming that's how it worked Which OS are you using? I'm scared to install the 7.1 in fears of wrecking my phone.
    02-16-12 10:00 PM
    I got this email on the 10th because I was downgrading the OS, and then noticed my apps were not refreshing. I couldn't even log on to App World by PC, kept getting the logging out and account screen after being able to log in. I had screwed up my phone pretty much doing all of this, then upgraded back to .205 and apps were able to refresh.
    02-17-12 12:51 AM
    Legit or not, I am paranoid and have a habit of never clicking on a link supplied in an email if I don't have to. I manually type in the url in a web browser whenever possible just in case the link leads somewhere other than what it says.

That said, the OP's email apparently is a legitimate one.
    02-17-12 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD