So yesterday I was playing with my phone and decided to try the lock/password option on my 9930 just for the lulz and then when it locked it wouldn't accept my password. I'm 100% sure my password was correct as I entered it 3 times to confirm and it's my work password. Anyways, so it wiped my phone. Brilliant. Now my backups on BB Protect are visible on the web when I log into the Protect web site but the phone refuses to connect and I can't download my backed up contacts and messages.

Any ideas? I've security wiped the phone and tried again. Still won't connect to BB Protect.

Is there any chance it's a problem with the OS version I'm on and the version of BB Protect? I'm on the latest leak 7.1.0.402 (7.1 Bundle 1333).

Anyone successfully used it recently? I'm in Australia if there are region servers...
    06-04-12 06:03 PM
    did you service books come back in?
    did you log back in to your BBID? because its connected with that.

is our 9930 Carrier distributed or unlocked and using their sim?
    06-04-12 06:20 PM
    So yesterday I was playing with my phone and decided to try the lock/password option on my 9930 just for the lulz and then when it locked it wouldn't accept my password. I'm 100% sure my password was correct as I entered it 3 times to confirm and it's my work password. Anyways, so it wiped my phone. Brilliant. Now my backups on BB Protect are visible on the web when I log into the Protect web site but the phone refuses to connect and I can't download my backed up contacts and messages.

Any ideas? I've security wiped the phone and tried again. Still won't connect to BB Protect.

Is there any chance it's a problem with the OS version I'm on and the version of BB Protect? I'm on the latest leak 7.1.0.402 (7.1 Bundle 1333).

Anyone successfully used it recently? I'm in Australia if there are region servers...
    yeah, me too mate (high five)!!!! i'm also in melbourne and i also use Optus. since around 2PM yesterday (AEST) until now my BB protect still won't connect to the server. i've checked my BB ID status and it's ok, the appworld is running, i have done the battery pulls for quite a few times for the last 24 hrs even.. i tried to delete bb protect this morning and reinstalled it, but.. still no luck.

i've also tried sending tweets to @BlackBerry & @BlackBerryHelp but dunno what's wrong with my twitter, all my tweets weren't sent through!

HELP US here at the land of Down Under, our Berries NEED BB Protect to come back alive!!! FYI, i'm using the bold 9900, UNLOCKED by Optus (it even has the Optus startup logo everytime the phone finishes booting up).
    06-04-12 07:41 PM
    Same problem on Telstra in Melbourne. :/
    I noticed if you try to download it in the broswer, says 404 NOT FOUND but it's still in AppWorld.
    Hasn't done backups for the past day and refuses to login after I wiped my device to downgrade software. So I cannot restore my contact list.
    06-05-12 12:30 AM
    did you service books come back in?
    did you log back in to your BBID? because its connected with that.

is our 9930 Carrier distributed or unlocked and using their sim?
    It's a US phone bought on the web, unlocked and been using on Optus network for a few months now without drama.

The service books have been downloaded and I can BBM, and web browse. I have logged back in with BBID...
    06-05-12 04:35 AM
    It's a US phone bought on the web, unlocked and been using on Optus network for a few months now without drama.

The service books have been downloaded and I can BBM, and web browse. I have logged back in with BBID...
    Has anyone of you got your bb protect working yet? Coz i still can't, so screwed here..

RIM, IS THERE ANY OUTAGE?????
    06-05-12 04:50 AM
    Sorry mate, still no luck with us. I've tried deleting the service books and re-registering to get them again. Everything else works... I've just lost all my damn contacts. Not stoked considering I backed up on BB Protect quite religiously!!!

Anyone else got any suggestions?
    06-05-12 06:02 AM
    Mate.. Just woke up & hit the bb protect again, oh sweet, it's up! You may try once more now, i think the outage has just been resolved few minutes ago.
    06-05-12 04:14 PM
    I just tried again now and it appears to be working thankfully!

Would be nice if there was a more graceful handling of the connection failure RIM. Hopefully this is tweaked for BB10 because it's completely bewildering when it randomly doesn't work and you have no idea why!

Fix please RIM
    06-05-12 08:43 PM
    I had touble connecting and it said bb protect not working or something like that. 2 weeks ago, same problem, so I uininstalled protect and reinstalled...still no good. Then somehow I had to log back in to my "blackberry ID". Then it worked. So today, same problem. I fixed it by, while in bb protect, "options" "stop blackberry protect". Then start back up and it will ask you to "sign in". When you do, it may work. Mine did. Good luck
    06-21-12 03:05 PM
    Same problem as everyone else. After deleting protect and reinstalling both the OS and Protect a few times with no luck, I finally notice during the initial set up the box that says "prevent Protect from being deleted" and it was checked by default. Now it looked like Protect was deleting initially but apparently not cleanly and leaving stuff behind. I unchecked this box and deleted and rebooted again. Reinstalled and voila, problem solved. Hope this helps others who have read this thread.
    10-29-12 02:40 PM
    There was a similar issue in North America with protect recently. I don't completely trust it for that reason. I backup with the DM and just in case, periodically backup my contacts to a csv file.
    10-30-12 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD