Painful
    02-06-12 07:49 PM
    Painful
    Ignorant
    02-06-12 07:56 PM
    I cannot agree with you. This discussion is serious and is about:

- Warning current happy users not to avoid the common scenario of bricking their devices by overnight charging a depleted phone. Do you yourself dare to do so several times to check if your device is an exemption?
    I've done this every night for 3+ months - sometimes I'm below 10% battery life when I start charging.

We have about 50 9900s deployed at work. If the 15% problem rate was generally true, we'd have about 7 or 8 problem units. We have had zero problems.

I'm not disputing that some people are having problems but it has to be a very small percentage.
    02-06-12 09:11 PM
    how can it happen to more than one phone i recieve if this is not a lage problem i am waiting on my third 9930
    02-06-12 09:18 PM
    I've done this every night for 3+ months - sometimes I'm below 10% battery life when I start charging.

We have about 50 9900s deployed at work. If the 15% problem rate was generally true, we'd have about 7 or 8 problem units. We have had zero problems.

I'm not disputing that some people are having problems but it has to be a very small percentage.
    I have also tested my device once but don't dare to do it any more after an identical device (O2 UK, same batch, that I bought for my friend together with mine) suddenly went dead after a night charge.

I don't think all 50 9900s deployed at your work went through night charge with depleted battery. If so perhaps with that small sample even not representative yet we can have certain findings.

My point is, let RIM accept this responsibility and be responsive to us customers.

I am OK with my 9900 and 9000 and I love them. But I don't want to see the 9900 going bricked another day and I want to help my friend to revive his bricked 9900.
    02-06-12 09:23 PM
    My point is, let RIM accept this responsibility and be responsive to us customers.
    RIM have admitted a problem with a small number of devices, and have released software fixes to prevent this happening to others. Job done!

I am OK with my 9900 and 9000 and I love them. But I don't want to see the 9900 going bricked another day and I want to help my friend to revive his bricked 9900.
    How many more times? A bricked phone is just that... a brick! It cannot be revived, ever!
    02-06-12 09:31 PM
    If you Google the problem of JVM errors and the 9900 and 9930 bricking, you will see there are other forums and other places with the documented problem. The so-called fix by RIM isn't working as people have experienced the problem after applying the "fix". I'd be careful about throwing around percentages as nobody knows just how many people have experienced and reported the problem. Back in the Fall, we went through three phones in a row that bricked. One seemed to brick after installing Foursquare, one seemed to brick after installing an update of Appworld, and the other bricked sometime over night while being charged. Who knows? All I have is my experience plus seeing others reporting the same problem over the net....yes, not just here at Crackberry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 10:06 PM
    RIM have admitted a problem with a small number of devices, and have released software fixes to prevent this happening to others. Job done!
    I haven't seen it, please can you show me the link to the official fix. Thank you!
    02-06-12 10:13 PM
    Signed because I'd be pissed if my 9900 bricked too
    02-06-12 11:18 PM

How many more times? A bricked phone is just that... a brick! It cannot be revived, ever!
    If they have, they've done a poor job, because there are reports of devices bricking with even the latest OS's, both leaked and released...

Not sure where you got your information from, but you seem to be alone in believing that RIM has since introduced a software enhancement to prevent units from bricking.
    02-07-12 05:36 AM
    If they have, they've done a poor job, because there are reports of devices bricking with even the latest OS's, both leaked and released...
    User Error

Not sure where you got your information from, but you seem to be alone in believing that RIM has since introduced a software enhancement to prevent units from bricking.
    Same place as everyone else, I make it up as I go along.
    02-07-12 05:59 AM
    Same place as everyone else, I make it up as I go along.
    Well, I thought you were a wiseguy as shown at the description, I was wrong.
    02-07-12 07:39 AM
    Well, I thought you were a wiseguy as shown at the description, I was wrong.
    wiseguy... you weren't wrong
    02-07-12 07:53 AM

Since 7.0.0.540 release the drivers time of installation on you r PC has decreased to nearly a blink eye . That means that drivers were updated so no more "no device detected problem" that for me or a few other meant just a bit of workaround for you and some others meant bricking panic...

A new folder named USB was added also, the panic, the mega tonic issue that most people were complaining about was caused by that. I lost one device because of the blinking light problem I couldn't restore nothing at all. All the temptation ve were insane as the java loader couldn't get the java grip..
    When I got the new one ( my third) I had again the same issue and I was pissed ...as soon as I plugged in, windows send a quicker signal to my hears I then Java loaded back to life Easy. From there I did a research and found out that drivers were updated...

What needed to be fixed were the PC drivers

PS if you are so unsatisfied why don't you just change team ?
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-07-12 at 08:27 AM.
    02-07-12 08:14 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD