Sent: May-16-12 12:16 PM
    To: Al van der Laan
    Subject: RE: Some small issues with the Santa Fe - not dealer related

Dear Mr. Van der Laan,

Thank you for your reply. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Hyundai Auto Canada�s audio system warranty covers any component installed by the manufacturer that is found to be defective in material or in workmanship, as you have mentioned below. Our Bluetooth system is not compatible with the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and the latest BlackBerry software version 7.1 on any of our Hyundai models.

Please be advised that our technical support team is still investigating for a possible solution in order to introduce pairing possibilities and compatibility with the latest BlackBerry software.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at the number below should you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

<name removed>
    Customer Relations Coordinator
    Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.
    75 Frontenac Drive, Markham, ON, L3R 6H2
    Telephone: 1-888-216-2626
    Hyundai Auto Canada | Affordable New Cars | Best Economy Cars | Fuel Efficient Vehicles

Sent: May 5, 2012 5:08 PM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: RE: Some small issues with the Santa Fe - not dealer related

Hello Customer Support people of Hyundai:

It has been a while now and I would like to learn if and when Hyundai is prepared to fix the issue of failed pairing as described below.
    You have admitted that there is awareness and that you are investigating, if for whatever reasons you cannot commit to have this issue resolved I will have to file a claim under warranty. As you know the radio systems are covered under a 60,000km warranty and since I have had the car for less than 4,000km I feel I am entitled to open a warranty case through my dealership.

Since I cannot reliably place hands free calls with the combination of my device and since Hyundai is aware of this situation I feel that a resolution should be found within a reasonable amount of time. I also must note that this issue does occur with a 2011 model as well (I rented a vehicle last week and it had the same issues).
    05-16-12 07:12 PM
    interesting. I haven't run into any issues with it. I regularly rent Sonatas and Elantras (even a new Accent) as well as all varieties of Kias (same system) and I've never had a problem with my 9810. i don't try to stream, but I have no issues with calling through the BT system.
    05-16-12 08:18 PM
    I haven't had an issue with my Genesis linking to my Blackberrys. I have had issues with its crappy, squeaky, groany build quality.
    05-16-12 09:55 PM
    I just took delivery of a new Santa Fe and I also have a BB9900 running 7.1 and yes I do have a problem with the system.

I can successfully pair the phone and use it without any issues but if I turn the vehicle off and restart it the system connects but then for some reason attempts to pair again which fails. It's disappointing that the system does not work correctly but even if there is no solution I keep my vehicles longer than my phones so I may resolve it that way.

The letter is not explicit but I believe the customer service rep means for it to say that it's the combination of the 9900 and 7.1 that are the problem so those that aren't having problems with other BB count yourself lucky.

I would hope that OP will post an update when/if he knows more on this.
    05-31-12 12:12 PM
    I have a 2010 Kia Forte Koup (and I LOVE my car)... Had pairing trouble (would get "pairing fail... pairing fail..." repeatedly... and is that the same voice as Siri?), found that turning off encryption (after pairing) helped. I believe there was another setting for "reconnect on power-up" that had to be defeated as well.
    05-31-12 12:29 PM
    Maybe hyundai will update their system. I've had an update to my sync system in my mercury.
    05-31-12 12:30 PM
    either that or maybe RIM?

both the playbook and the 9900 pair fine initaly. but after the 9900 fails and I need to re-pair. I would love to be able to stream the playbook over bluetooth for the back seat passengers bu I dont seem to have that ability
    06-05-12 11:39 AM
    Does it have an aux jack?
    06-05-12 11:42 AM
    yes but I dont want the cord going all the way to the back set. I can do that, but thats not what I am looking to do,
    06-05-12 11:44 AM
    I see pb in back to watch sound thru car speakers.
    06-05-12 11:49 AM
    I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra that paired with no problem to my 9810 Torch while I was on 7.0. As soon as I upgraded to 7.1 I started getting the "Pairing Failed" error. Would be great to know when Hyundai has a fix because I am lost without my bluetooth.
    06-06-12 06:32 AM
    Passing this along from the hyundai forums.
    It worked for me.

bastien396

Santa Fe 2012 Sport

Fixed...
    Delete your bb from your hyundai and from your phone.

Now before pairing go:
    1: Networks and Connections
    2: Bluetooth Connections
    3: Click on Menu (BB sign next to track pad)
    4: Select Option
    then make sure the encryption is off
    5: Scroll down to Services unselect everything except HANDSFREE

Save your setting and pair your device again with your hyundai.

Your phone will now work for phone call only with your car. Music through bluebook will not work unit hyundai come with an updated to fix this.

Enjoy,

Michael.
    07-11-12 09:33 PM
    I have the same problem with a Torch 9860 and 2012 Santa Fe. I spoke with a Hyundai rep this afternoon, and he indicated a possible fix date by the end of August. He will check with technicians and get back to me tomorrow. Frustrating!!!
    08-08-12 04:33 PM
    Anyone knows if this has been fixed?

Im having the same issue with my 9900 V7.1.

But that I really do not mind, but i wish we could pair my playbook. It pairs but i cannot stream music to my sound system.
    11-29-12 08:05 AM
    My 9900 pairs fine. Make sure encryption is turned off
    11-29-12 10:33 AM
    2013 Sante Fe without the nav option. It pairs fine with my Bold 9900. Everytime I start the vehicle it starts to download the contacts and call history. Am I overlooking something in the phone options?
    12-10-12 08:31 PM
    Just FYI, I upgraded to Z10 and blue tooth for calls and media works great in my 2012 Elantra.

Twis

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 07:48 AM
    I have a 2010 Kia Forte Koup (and I LOVE my car)... Had pairing trouble (would get "pairing fail... pairing fail..." repeatedly... and is that the same voice as Siri?), found that turning off encryption (after pairing) helped. I believe there was another setting for "reconnect on power-up" that had to be defeated as well.
    I also have the 2010 forte koup and I LOVE it. Never a single issue with bluetooth on 9800 or Z10.
    03-06-13 08:16 AM
    I have a Genesis 2011 and recently got a Z10 at work. Will not sync my address book. any suggestions to fix this problem?
    02-24-14 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD