Hi Guys,

I bought a Blackberry in the U.K on Vodafone and had it unlocked so when I'm in Switzerland I can put a Swiss sim card (with BB package) and it will all work. Basically, it hasn't.

I had an iPhone before on the Swiss contract and they switched my Internet off and it never quite came back. It now reads '3g' rather than '3G'. I know I need to use the 'Host Routing Table' (HRT) to get it to work with the swiss Sim card but does the 3G need to work for that to happen? Because when I go into the HRT it just shows * No Entries *.

The phone company have told me they have put the Blackberry package on my contract.

I'm assuming the '3g' bit is the main problem? Was wondering if you could confirm that before I go back to them. I'd like to know what I'm talking about rather than them having all the power in the conversation.

Many thanks!
    01-09-12 01:19 PM
    yes it should be 3G instead of 3g, you are not getting the BIS with the little g. I'd try resending your service books first then call em up and find out what's what if it still doesn't work. They may not have set it up properly even though they said they did.
    01-09-12 01:27 PM
    the phone company is right have to put a BB package on your account, which you state above you have.

you need to make sure the PIN and IMEI for the device are registered on that account.

once you have a properly activated BIS (BlackBerry Internet) the 3g will goto 3G and everything will work.

you need the proper service books to make everything work.
    01-09-12 01:31 PM
    you need to make sure the PIN and IMEI for the device are registered on that account.
    Thanks for such a rapid response from you both. Thought I would pick up on this point. My service provider have their own website where you have to register your device. Because the phone isn't from that provider I have to re route it through the HRT (as mentioned above) but I don't have any options to register it as I don't get any options.

When I try and re-send the service books through the email option my phone tells me 'Your connection to the mobile network is turned on, but you are not in a wireless coverage area.' Even though Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp all work perfectly fine?
    01-09-12 01:49 PM
    Arguably, my wifi connection is pretty intermittent.
    01-09-12 01:55 PM
    try here. After entering the sign in info click on help and resend service books.BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-09-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD