bb maps on my 9900 is not showing im currently using os 7.1 but when i use the universal search its there and its working my only problem is the icon was not showing in my menu i tried reinstalling it through dm still it didnt show up i tried 1 method by restoring the os 7 service books it did show but when i did a battery pull the bb map icon was lost again... any help or fix for this??? thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 03:41 PM
    Have you tried Menu/Show All Icons? It may be hidden. Unhide it.
    08-08-12 04:29 PM
    yup still it didnt showed up...i wonder maybe because the only subscription that i have is only for bbm only and not a full bis subs... but still doesnt makes sense cause i have a 9300 not subscribed to bis but still bb maps icons still there... hmmm hoping for a fix for this issue

08-08-12 04:34 PM
    Install this http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

Then see if the launcher icon works for launching BB Maps.
    08-08-12 04:50 PM
    @papped thanks i did work but i think thats the icon for os6. how bout for os 7??

08-08-12 05:58 PM
    yup still it didnt showed up...i wonder maybe because the only subscription that i have is only for bbm only and not a full bis subs... but still doesnt makes sense cause i have a 9300 not subscribed to bis but still bb maps icons still there... hmmm hoping for a fix for this issue
    This is your answer.
    08-08-12 06:00 PM
    @papped thanks i did work but i think thats the icon for os6. how bout for os 7??

Nobody has bothered to make a new app with the updated icon. You are installing a separate app to act as a launcher, this is a workaround so that the carrier service books can't block the app launcher.
    08-08-12 06:27 PM
    you have to have a data plan for the application to show up

08-09-12 12:08 AM
    you have to have a data plan for the application to show up

Dear emad1995, I am agree with you. Without data plan we can not use google maps or blackberry maps. But local map are free available for the Blackberry application. Blackberry phone also allows us to send maps with the email.
    08-09-12 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD