hi there, i'm going to travel to the Philippines for a few weeks soon. I am using the blackberry 9900 bold and i've unlocked it. I'm wondering if anyone can help me answer a few questions:

1. does Manila Phillipines have prepaid phone cards that allows me to connect to BIS so i can email/bbm/whatsapp etc?

2. when i insert a sim card and turn on my phone, the screen will ask me to log in with blackberry ID, what if the sim card i have does not have bb data? and i can't skip this screen, does it mean i must have a bb data plan on my prepaid sim in order to even use my phone (make calls etc)?

3. if there is prepaid sims with bb data, do i need a new blackberry ID and new PIN for bbm?

thank you so much for any help you can provide! =)
    01-10-12 12:19 PM
    i went there a few months ago for a few days. get a globe sim, put it in your phone, put in your blackberry id and password, load it with prepaid credit, put in the sms registration code, either wait for a confirmation message or check to make sure they deducted the amount, take the battery out, take the sim out, put the sim in, put battery in, and it should work. i just listed every obsessive compulsive detail so that any chances of screw ups are avoided.

if it still doesn't work - meaning you did not get the 'you're now connected to the wireless network' registration message, and you now have EDGE or 3G with bb symbol, then just 'register now' the host routing table and it should be all good. you may possibly need to send service books again.

this should cover 98% of the possible outcomes. the other 2% takes too long to document and involves their individual workarounds.
    01-11-12 04:40 AM
    hi there, i'm going to travel to the Philippines for a few weeks soon. I am using the blackberry 9900 bold and i've unlocked it. I'm wondering if anyone can help me answer a few questions:

1. does Manila Phillipines have prepaid phone cards that allows me to connect to BIS so i can email/bbm/whatsapp etc? yes

2. when i insert a sim card and turn on my phone, the screen will ask me to log in with blackberry ID, what if the sim card i have does not have bb data? and i can't skip this screen, does it mean i must have a bb data plan on my prepaid sim in order to even use my phone (make calls etc)? it doesn't matter. your phone will remember your blackberry id

3. if there is prepaid sims with bb data, do i need a new blackberry ID and new PIN for bbm? no

thank you so much for any help you can provide! =)
    relax you will have your bb working when you travel
    01-11-12 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD