"BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80002)"

My Bold 9780 developed this problem tonight. Yes, i have tried the fixes below...

KB29613-The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

I notice this occurred after I installed a theme via BB App world called, 'PSB Ultimate' Now, one thing i thought was odd is that is wanted to be granted trusted application status, which i thought weird for a theme. I tried to delete, but it will not. I have restarted then handset, disabled the permissions to the theme, but just cannot delete it. Just says it will be removed in next reboot, but its still there.

This may have something to do with the fact BB App World is not functioning properly because it cannot update Blackberry ID software. Also today i plugged in my bb and updated Blackberry modules via the desktop software. There was an update symbol, i updated all was fine.

I have even restored the device from backup and still the problem with BB App World persists and the theme I have been trying to delete is still there!!

Others appear to be having this issue, but as yet no fixes have worked. Please help!
    Last edited by justinlee; 11-25-12 at 10:02 AM.
    11-24-12 09:11 PM
    I'd suggest doing a full wipe of the phone, load your OS but no third party apps. Then I would download your Appworld apps and install one at a time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-25-12 12:44 AM
    I'd suggest doing a full wipe of the phone, load your OS but no third party apps. Then I would download your Appworld apps and install one at a time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Reading through other forums where people are having the same problem what you suggest appears to be the most common suggested solution, but I have also seen many people who have tried that yet it still does not rectify the problem. So, with that in mind I would rather not go down that road just yet. Thanks.
    11-25-12 09:59 AM
    But the longer you wait for a different answer and the more solutions you turn down, the longer you'll be with a bricked phone. I'd just do the wipe because if it works then your problem is solved. If it doesn't then you can come back and let us know and we can try to help you further.
    11-25-12 12:38 PM
    Ok, fair enough and you were right... I security wiped the device reinstalled my apps and yes, Blackberry App world now works.

Now this is interesting! Yesterday i plugged my BB into my laptop and opened BB Desktop Software. When i clicked on applications and the list was generated i noticed that there was a red star next to Blackberry 6.0.0 system software so i updated. I think that may be the cause! After the update I had problems with BB App world. Obviously after the wipe that upgrade was downgraded and BB App World now works so, I am thinking I am going to stay away from the Blackberry 6.0.0 system software update.
    11-25-12 05:06 PM

My Bold 9780 developed this problem tonight. Yes, i have tried the fixes below...

KB29613-The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

I notice this occurred after I installed a theme via BB App world called, 'PSB Ultimate' Now, one thing i thought was odd is that is wanted to be granted trusted application status, which i thought weird for a theme. I tried to delete, but it will not. I have restarted then handset, disabled the permissions to the theme, but just cannot delete it. Just says it will be removed in next reboot, but its still there.

This may have something to do with the fact BB App World is not functioning properly because it cannot update Blackberry ID software. Also today i plugged in my bb and updated Blackberry modules via the desktop software. There was an update symbol, i updated all was fine.

I have even restored the device from backup and still the problem with BB App World persists and the theme I have been trying to delete is still there!!

Others appear to be having this issue, but as yet no fixes have worked. Please help!
    05-19-13 01:45 AM
    If I am not mistaken, you may need to update the BBID app.
    05-19-13 11:08 AM

02-19-14 06:40 AM