Hey all,

I am passing my unbranded-unlocked-straight-from-RIM Bold 9900 on Fido to my mom who would like to use it on a different carrier (likely Virgin). I remember vaguely reading that when people buy second BlackBerries they need to make sure the original owner releases the PIN at their carrier.

I was wondering if there is still a need for this now that you can log in using a BlackBerry ID? If so, I just call Fido and tell them "I want my PIN released" in those words?

Thanks!
    Last edited by val_lixembeau; 05-28-12 at 09:27 PM.
    05-28-12 09:23 PM
    I'd like to know, too. Subscribed.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I just did a security wipe (accidentally), and BIS saw my Bold as a "new" device. I had to add my pushed email accounts, and it wasn't working from the BlackBerry. I'm sure a call to my carrier would have worked, too, but I was able to get it working myself by logging in to BIS on my ThinkPad. Once on the page, I had to enter my PIN and my esn/meid (whichever it was, I don't remember). Then emails started coming.
    05-28-12 09:43 PM
    The BlackBerryID seems to deal with it. I setup my Rogers 9810 for my wife, who is on Bell and there were no problems. It was unlocked and security wiped prior to setting up her BlackBerryID on it.
    05-29-12 05:31 AM
    Thanks. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best then.
    05-29-12 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD