Try to get to the loader in :
    Program files>common files>research in motion>app loader. In there you see the loader. That is also where you delete the vendor file at the bottom of the list. I think bbsak is just linking to that for you.

I have trouble using bbsak because BB device manager is holding the connection to my phone. Even though bbsak says connected I cant perform any functions. What I do is open the PC task manager, click BlackBerry Device Manager, end task then quickly click the connect on bbsak.
    I think my problem is related to DM also, because in order to get BBSAK to work I kill DM in the system tray. I have to change the setting where DM doesn't start up when the USB cord is plugged into the phone. I think my problem is when app loader opens so does DM even after I've killed the operation.

Now my BBSAK works but when I click on Load OS the drop down is blank. So I wonder if I need to move the OS file to the same file BBSAK is in? I may just uninstall DM altogether to see if that works. Is these another way to load the os like maybe directly on the phone?
    Last edited by Willard814; 05-11-12 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Add question
    05-11-12 11:16 AM
    Skip BBSAK altogether and go right to the loader- Program files>common files>research in motion>app loader

Look in Program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files. You should see the OS in there if it's installed properly.

Cool, I was waiting on this. Too lazy for the DIY-hybrid / leaked version…

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 05-11-12 at 12:08 PM.
    05-11-12 12:06 PM
    Skip BBSAK altogether and go right to the loader- Program files>common files>research in motion>app loader

Look in Program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files. You should see the OS in there if it's installed properly.
    Cool this is some good info! That's why I kept getting the app loader error message it's because I needed to delete the vendor app loader and install the new one that comes with the new OS? Am I reading that correctly?
    05-11-12 12:43 PM
    Look at the attachment. The vendor file if present will be at the bottom of this list. Delete that first then double click loader. That's all there is to it.

Here is a link to a program that will find and delete vendors file for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

Restart your PC also. I just put a new OS on an old 9700. It wouldn't connect to DM. A restart fixed it.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 05-11-12 at 02:19 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-11-12 01:05 PM
    Look at the attachment. The vendor file if present will be at the bottom of this list. Delete that first then double click loader. That's all there is to it.

Here is a link to a program that will find and delete vendors file for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

Restart your PC also. I just put a new OS on an old 9700. It wouldn't connect to DM. A restart fixed it.
    Ok I finally go it downloaded and installed I had to use my wife's laptop because the app loader kept crashing on my PC. I must say I like the 7.1 OS, it operates much smoother and faster!
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-12-12 07:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD