- 12-04-2012, 03:02 AM #2
Blackberry Contacts Transfer
Easiest is download BlackBerry Protect. It is free from appworld. Install it and have it back up all your contacts to the "cloud".
Install it on the new phone and restore that back up.
Was going to add... BB Protect might not be available for you through your carrier.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-04-2012, 03:04 AM #4
- 441 Posts
Use BB Protect on the old phone (install, and do a backup),
Install BB Protect on new phone and restore the data.
If you don't want to use BB Protect:
Backup the Contacts using BlackBerry Desktop Software / Manager (Connect old handset to PC using USB and do a selective Backup) .
Connect New Handset to the PC and restore the contacts.
If your new phone is NOT a BlackBerry device:
Sync Contacts with your gmail ID (always better to make a new dummy gmail account to avoid duplication issues).
From the gmail account - export contact list into a VCF or CSV.
Import VCF or CSV into the new phone.
I am sure there may be other ways of accomplishing this. This is just the way I would do it.
- 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM #6
If going from BlackBerry to BlackBerry, use Protect as others have said, or the device switch function on Desktop Manager.
If going to another platform, then sync your contacts to either Gmail or Outlook, and then sync that across to your new device.Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
- By Shary123 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 21Last Post: 08-04-2014, 11:07 PM
- By mikamps in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
- By DeuceMan in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 9Last Post: 08-19-2010, 10:50 AM
- By maanitrules in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
- By Ejaz in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM