My contacts from my blackberry don't seem to be syncing with my gmail.

My 9900 has 300+ contacts, my gmail has 39...

I've already checked off the "wireless sync" box. There's an (CICAL) and (CICME) for that email address.

I don't know what else to do, my calender syncs just fine, but my contacts wont. Any advice?
    11-07-12 07:27 PM
    Go to "Setup" > "Email Accounts".Select your Gmail account and go to "Edit".Scroll down to the bottom and expand the section for "Synchronization Options". Make sure that "Contacts" has been checked. Save and exit. You should be asked to validate your change by entering your Gmail password. If this wasn't checked before, this should be the answer. Please check and report back.
    11-07-12 08:20 PM
    Hey Elessar, yeah I've already done that. Even tried deleting the email address and re-adding it.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    11-07-12 09:32 PM
    Did these 300+ contacts exist on the phone prior to setting up your Gmail account? If yes, I do not believe they will sync to your Gmail as they will be associated with your device locally.
    11-08-12 01:11 AM
    Could sync them with DTM using your computer. Might first test whether a new contact you add to your phone gets synced.
    11-08-12 05:15 AM
    Could sync them with DTM using your computer. Might first test whether a new contact you add to your phone gets synced.
    DTM ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-08-12 05:42 AM
    DTM is Desktop Manager, the software from Blackberry that lets you sync your blackberry with PIIM software such as Outlook or Lotus Notes. You can download it from www.blackberry.com/desktop

You could use Desktop Manager to export your contacts from your blackberry to a CSV file (KB24488-How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6) and then import these into your Google Account.

As the local contacts would still exist on your blackberry you would then end up with duplicates (local ones already on the device) and the new ones imported into Google.

The easiest way to do this would be to wipe you device and start afresh - you can take a full backup of the information and then selectively restore everything else apart from the contacts.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    11-08-12 06:10 AM
    I have checked the synchronisation box and still do not have my blackberry contacts on my gmail. What else can I do?
    01-12-13 05:19 AM
    From time to time mine stops syncing and the only way I've been able to fix it is to go into messages -> options -> email account management the delete the Gmail account then re-enter it.

Sent from my Ed's BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 07:10 AM
    Did you make sure you saved them under your Gmail account? Blackberry contacts to Gmail.-imageuploadedbycb-forums1358142176.349931.jpg
    01-13-13 11:43 PM
    knownastron, i recently enabled the option to sync my contacts with my gmail accounts. I realized that it is only syncing the new contacts i have created after i enabled syncing.
    The best way to do it, i think, would be as lunaticwithin explained above (using DTM to export to CSV. I usually find it easy to just synch DTM with my Outlook, and then export CSV from there. Then you import that CSV in your Gmail contacts). But i would advise that you disable the Sync, you do the export/import, then enable sync again.
    Not sure how it will handle things tho when you edit a previously created contact and change numbers there for instance.

Good luck
    01-14-13 10:53 PM
    I don't see my contact on my new q10 black berry
    08-27-15 07:48 AM