Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request

LOL^. Well every person has their own favorite prefered choices.
    They can all you their experiences and so on. When i see a thread like this you know where it's going to.
    People will tell endlessy about what's the best compare etc etc.
    Yep kinda indesive but take your time picking out a device. Knock yourself out.
    gee gee baby~
    CrackBerry Abuser

i sold my iphone 4 a few ago. I am super happy with my Blackberry 9900. I do have a few gripes. The lack of auto-focus on the Camera is a major buzz kill. Also the App for eBay is much better on the iPhone and the Paypal app is non-existent on Blackberry.

Besides that I have been super happy with the Bold. The keyboard is phenomenal. You can't compare the enjoyment you get from the tactile feedback of hitting keys to texting on the iPhone.
    Blackberry Bold 9900 | Carbon Fiber PU Leather Flip Case | Anti-Glare Screen Protector

I'm going to be getting an iPhone from work this month, so will let y'all know what I think in a few weeks. It'll be used side by side with my own 9900, and primarily as a "business" tool - lots of email, reading attached documents, taking pictures. We do have iPads and iPod touches at home, so I'm not a complete iOS noob. I'm guessing I'll be among the minority that use a BlackBerry as their personal device, and an iPhone for work (as opposed to the other way around).

Unlike other companies, only management is switching to the iPhone. BlackBerries will be retained for certain departments. Our production staff will be getting email, and will be issued BlackBerry Curves to replace their feature phones.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi.

It's amazing but also very true. I too am a long term bb user and went for a iPhone (first the 3GS that lasted a couple of months, then the 4 the same, sold. Then another 4 white and the 4 s. all of them lasted two to three months on my hands, all were sold) in between I've had almost all the bolds (9000, 9700 (not the 9780), 9790, 9900) and a 8900. After a while I bought a second cheap phone just because I missed bb, and bought a curve 9220 (3 days after that I went and bought a 9790) but I not a "2 phones" kind of person. I just sold my 4s, bought a iPad for fun and web and use my beloved 9790 as a REAL phone (small form factor and autofocus).

Once a crackberry always a crackberry, it's magic. I just hope rim doesn't betray all there fans (like me and you all) with bb10, and come with a new, all different system like all the bs around there. I want a communication device, not a toy (I have together iPad 2 for that). Please keep the support for os 7.1 (and go for the consumer/comercial needs with os10). make us proud!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I really like my 9900 for the keyboard, but if you're coming from an iPhone 4 you're taking a step back in terms of the operating system and other capabilities. If you can get a great deal on one then you should go ahead, but it seems like a funny time to adopt an OS on the way out when you'll probably be able to get a BB10 handset with a keyboard by summer.

If you don't care about apps / games / media, etc and primarily use it for messaging and emails then you'll probably love the 9900, but if you expect a lot more from a phone I would advise you to wait.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Had a Iphone 4S for a month, switched back to my Bold 9900. Best all round performer for work and play, and the best BB ever!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,679 Global Posts

do it! try kijiji or craigslist. some people ive seen willing to trade for an ip4. either way you can get a 9900 for ~$250 used
    CrackBerry User

I started my BlackBerry addiction way back with the 7290. I've had many since then. I switched to an iPhone 3gs for about a month and that caught on fire through the charging port. I switched back to my bold 9000, then got the 9900. I loved the 9900 but I noticed everyone around me with the 4/4s and eventually caved for the 4. I had that for a couple months and missed my bold too much and switched again. I sold my iPhone 4, currently have the 9900, and bought a used bad esn iPhone 4 for cheap and currently use it as an ipod. I love the 9900 for the keyboard and the OS that I'm used to, and my next phone will definitely be the bb10 N-Series whenever it comes out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12