Hello everyone I am in need of help again! Recently I purchased a UNLOCKED SPRINT BLACKBERRY BOLD 9930 and put my t-mobile sim card in it. Everything works fine except the BIS plan. I can't connect to the internet unless im on wireless, and even then sometimes I can't connect. The network connects me to the edge network, but I understand that I need to be connected to the EDGE network. Is there anyway for me to change it to the EDGE network like its suppose to by any settings, or is my fear true that I cannot get EDGE on an unlocked sprint bold 9930?
    11-30-11 08:18 PM
    you can get your BIS to work correctly on your unlocked sprint 9930. log into your BIS account either on your phone through email setup or on your carriers BIS page. make sure your PIN/IMEI is set up properly and then send your service books to your device. this should fix your problem.

you could also just call tmobile and explain this issue to them. they will be able to verify the above info for you and resend your service books too.
    JR A likes this.
    11-30-11 08:25 PM
    Hello everyone I am in need of help again! Recently I purchased a UNLOCKED SPRINT BLACKBERRY BOLD 9930 and put my t-mobile sim card in it. Everything works fine except the BIS plan. I can't connect to the internet unless im on wireless, and even then sometimes I can't connect. The network connects me to the edge network, but I understand that I need to be connected to the EDGE network. Is there anyway for me to change it to the EDGE network like its suppose to by any settings, or is my fear true that I cannot get EDGE on an unlocked sprint bold 9930?
    You need the T-Mobile service books to get EDGE to work. You can try those in this thread if you want...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-books-670563/
    11-30-11 09:16 PM
    Ah Ive looked everywhere trying to find a way to get servicebooks for this but I just cant find a way I contacted t-mobile and they switched me to the blackberry technical support department and a representative told me i wouldnt be able to get EDGE on an unlocked sprint blackberry bold 9930, I dont know if he really knew what he was talking about or not though SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
    11-30-11 10:46 PM
    i explained already how to get them. make sure your new IMEI/PIN is active on your BIS account. once it is, you can then send your books.
    12-01-11 12:06 AM
    i explained already how to get them. make sure your new IMEI/PIN is active on your BIS account. once it is, you can then send your books.
    How am I sure my IEMI/PIN is active on my BIS account? I cant login through the email setup because it asks for a enterprise activation code I do not have do you know how I could get it ?
    12-01-11 12:43 AM
    Unsupported Browser

12-01-11 02:09 AM
    Everytime I log into that page it just takes me to the home screen of t-mobile account I do not know what to do, I really want to be able to get the EDGE network or else it would be pointless to have the BIS plan on my phone line.
    12-01-11 10:14 PM
    then call tmobile and explain your situation. they can update your IMEI/PIN for you over the phone and send your sevice books. call from a landline though.
    12-02-11 12:03 AM
    Here's an idea, wipe your phone and do a clean install of your cariers newest os... Idk if that would help but I'm sure someone else here can tell you if it would. Kinda makes sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 12:58 AM
    i am having the same issue as the user

any help would be greatly appreciated ??? unlocked 9930 verzion with t-mobile sim card .. i am able to browse webpages et all .. but when i navigate to setup and then select email accounts, it gives me 2 options ... internet or enterprise...when i select the first one, it just brings me back to the setup screen ..

any idea whats happening ???

edit:: also i have tried using manually the t-mo service books manually with crackutil, but still in vain!!
    edit 2: i have called the t-mobile cust support, and they tell me that the only way to get this is to register the device from the damn portal, but i cannot do it .. from the phone's browser and PC browser, i get the unable to log you in message (after logging into the t-mo portal ofcourse)
    Last edited by sportfreak2020; 12-02-11 at 09:33 PM.
    12-02-11 09:29 PM
    Just had a similar issue with an unlocked 9900 on a different carrier's network.
    I confirm that updating the IMEI through my carrier seems to have solved the problem.
    12-27-11 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD