Does anyone have any idea why the 9930 for Sprint is NOT being sold at Best Buy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 07:44 PM
    It is not being sold for Verizon there either..
    08-21-11 07:59 PM
    I was at BB today looking for a charging pod and the guy there said they haven't heard from either carrier regarding the launch of the new BB's. He said Verizon has been losing $ lately because everyone is purchasing their phones from BB instead of in the retail stores. He said a lot of the higher end devices have only been coming out at the retail stores.
    08-21-11 08:06 PM
    It is also not on Amazon Wireless yet.
    08-21-11 08:15 PM
    I'm not normally this on top of a new phone release so is this normal for it taking a couple weeks to filter out to the non-carrier stores?
    08-21-11 08:24 PM
    I'm not normally this on top of a new phone release so is this normal for it taking a couple weeks to filter out to the non-carrier stores?
    Typically yes.
    We'll get them, have no fear.
    08-21-11 08:31 PM
    Best Buy has the 9800 the same day AT&T original did. I was confused about the 9930 release, myself. Finding accessories locally is impossible. Have to order from ShopCrackBerry.com or from directly from RIM.
    08-21-11 08:55 PM
    when I went to Best Buy last Thursday, they couldn't find the Bold 9930 in their inventory, but the Torch 9850 was there. I thought it was a glitch or the system wasn't updated but it seems they do not carry the Bold. It is not on the web site either...
    08-22-11 12:41 PM
    Just saw Best Buy website and the Bold 9930 for Sprint is available!!! The only thing is that it's available online only for now, don't know when they'll be available in the stores yet.
    08-27-11 11:43 AM
    I was at BB today looking for a charging pod and the guy there said they haven't heard from either carrier regarding the launch of the new BB's. He said Verizon has been losing $ lately because everyone is purchasing their phones from BB instead of in the retail stores. He said a lot of the higher end devices have only been coming out at the retail stores.
    The BB rep is full of it. Carriers (for the most part) could care less about selling devices. They make their $$ on the service.
    08-27-11 11:55 AM
    They have it up, but for 650$ off contract, I'd rather go to Sprint.
    08-27-11 12:29 PM
    i dont know how it is in the states, but i talked to a bb rep in canada last week, and he said the promotion prices at bestbuy is only available for NEW users and not existing users.

kinda suck for us canadians, because plans for 'new users' are ridiculous.
    08-27-11 12:47 PM
    Just a correction. Nobody is purchasing their phones from "BB" ie. RIMM.

They are buying from the carrier - i.e. Verizon online, not the store. That's because the stores didn't have them and the stores suck in general.
    08-27-11 01:07 PM
    Because Verizon makes more money if someone buys it from Verizon.com than best Buy. EDIT: same with spring:P
    Last edited by BigD00d; 08-27-11 at 01:21 PM.
    08-27-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD