i have a blackberry bold 9900 that won't turn on!! black screen, tried taking the battery out and plugging it on wall charger. The LED red light turns on for like 10 seconds then turns off then go back on again. I've tried everything and still wont turn on. i'm quite upset because ive paid alot of money for it and i love my blackberry.
    please help
    01-21-12 09:06 PM
    My friend, I'm sorry to tell you. Your blackberry is bricked... Try updating to OS 7.0.0.540. If that doesnt work, your screwed until RIM addresses the issue.
    01-21-12 09:15 PM
    same issue, any solutions ? downloading latest 7.1 beta to test

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-681819/ worked with the latest 7.1 beta

it is still booting
    Last edited by geonap; 02-02-12 at 10:42 AM.
    02-02-12 10:30 AM
    having the same issue...how can you update the OS if the phone won't turn on? i plug it into the comp and it says my device needs the update and even tells me which one however, the update starts and then it says the device cannot connect.

what are the fixes for this? or does the device need to be replaced?
    02-03-12 06:49 PM
    having the same issue...how can you update the OS if the phone won't turn on? i plug it into the comp and it says my device needs the update and even tells me which one however, the update starts and then it says the device cannot connect.

what are the fixes for this? or does the device need to be replaced?
    It actually will connect/disconnect back and forth. It. Has issues if your trying to install the Os that is already on it. Delete the Os from your pc, download and install .540 or newer into your pc then try it again. You have nothing to lose. When mine went 2 months ago I hadn't yet read the post on successfully reviving it. But got a better certified replacement next day. So in a way I'm glad mine went south!
    carriekay likes this.
    02-03-12 07:56 PM
    how do i delete the old OS from my comp? i already dl'd the new os
    02-03-12 07:59 PM
    keeps freezing at the 'reconnecting to JVM' part of the update

and then it tells me the device cannot be recognized but the screen did briefly change to a battery icon
    Last edited by carriekay; 02-03-12 at 08:08 PM.
    02-03-12 08:00 PM
    Try your pc's add/remove programs. If there is more than on Os installed it will be confused.
    02-03-12 08:34 PM
    ya there aren't any other ones. i guess this won't help since it keeps freezing at the same part
    02-03-12 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD