Guys, Can you please help me? I'm a Blackberry Bold 9900. I don't know what happened but I can't connect to "Mobile Network" when i tick it.

(When I tick the mobile network, it won't connect. nothing is happening)

So i tweeted @BlackberryHELP with my problem they sent me this.

(KB11320-How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows I'm a mac book user so i searched "Clean reload for mac")

In the Clean Reload for Mac, they instructions said that i will click the "Show Other Versions" but my problem is the "Show other versions" is not clickable.

Please Help me!
    02-03-12 06:31 AM
    You're going to need either a Windows based PC or Boot Camp installed on your Mac to perform a reload of the OS.
    In the Manage Connections screen, click on Service Status, what does it say for Blackberry Internet Service?
    Did this issue just start to happen, in other words, has the mobile network worked for you before?
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?

It would've been much more helpful if you included info on some of these questions in your post
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 02-03-12 at 08:53 AM.
    02-03-12 08:07 AM
    Try a battery pull or soft reboot yet?
    02-03-12 08:10 AM
    You're going to need either a Windows based PC or Boot Camp installed on your Mac to perform a reload of the OS.
    In the Manage Connections screen, click on Service Status, what does it say for Blackberry Internet Service?
    Did this issue just start to happen, in other words, has the mobile network worked for you before?
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?

It would've been much more helpful if you included info on some of these questions in your post
    It says "Not Connected"
    Yes, my mobile network worked for me before this happen.
    Yes, I do have service plan. But I'm a prepaid user.

I do have my own desktop laptop i tried it, but this is what's popping.
    Last edited by miguelofthedark; 02-03-12 at 08:28 PM.
    02-03-12 08:08 PM
    Try a battery pull or soft reboot yet?
    I tried it many times..
    02-03-12 08:09 PM
    Paid your bill? Sorry dumb question but I had to ask. Call your carrier when you get the chance and ask. Let us know what happens.
    02-03-12 08:20 PM
    Paid your bill? Sorry dumb question but I had to ask. Call your carrier when you get the chance and ask. Let us know what happens.
    Yes, i think the problem is on my blackberry, not on my sim/bill.
    02-03-12 08:23 PM
    I have a fleet of Blackberries and have supported them for 10 years in an enterprise environment. I have seen 6 unrecoverable red flashing light of death cases but this is my first "Radio won't enable" issue. After each step I tried to re-tic the check box to turn on mobile data. I also logged into my customer portal on ATT to make sure the user's account looked fine. It did, so no issues there. The user also keeps their device in a 2 piece Otterbox case. It looks pretty much new and one month old.

Here are my steps in troubleshooting this issue.

First I did the double Alt+Cap+Delete to do force a full restart. I really thought that would take care of the issue....
    This did not fix the issue.

Second I updated the OS on the device from 7.0.0.440 > 7.0.0.576. I did a backup and restore of user data with this update.

Third I did a full security wipe the users device. (At this step I took the SD card out and left it out for the remainder of the troubleshooting)

Fourth I did a "loader.exe /resettofactory"

Fifth I rebooted the device into Safe Mode.

Sixth, even though the user's SIM card works fine in another device, I swapped my SIM card in it's place.

My Seventh step in troubleshooting this was to run the loader.exe /nojvm right as the red light went out and the 9900 started it's boot process. I did a default install of the newest OS available from ATT. (The same one installed above in the second step). This caused an error on reboot of the device and the App loader didn't reconnect. I popped the battery and on restart of the 9900 the software was able to see the device and load the application modules as one would expect (I did have to hit re-try to get the app loader to look for the device again).
    This did not work.

The eighth and last random thing i tried was a different battery and NFC battery cover. My hypothesis was that perhaps the device "thinks" it's charge is too low and it won't turn on the radio.
    This did not work... sadly.

Every time I get the same issue as the OP. The Mobile Network box goes Blue like it's going to get a check box and turn on, then it clears. I can turn on WiFI and the device works fine. I can change data service 2G and 3G and roaming, etc. None of those options have helped change the situation. The battery was always above 70% for all of my work.

Now I call ATT to talk about warranty. That call starts now.

Miguel, how did you resolve your issue?

K
    02-06-12 10:40 AM
    So, after a little more troubleshooting with a helpful guy at AT&T, it looks like it's hardware and a new one is en route.

The oddball thing about my particular issue is that the device is trying to connect somewhere during device initiation (before the actual OS desktop with icons). It even reflects the number of new voicemails waiting. But that is the -only- thing that seems to work with the radio. I see that VM display even after a factory reset. Completely strange. In no other way can I seem to jump start the device to connect to the mobile network.

Interested to see if anyone else has had any similar experiences.

Cheers.
    02-06-12 12:09 PM
    So, after a little more troubleshooting with a helpful guy at AT&T, it looks like it's hardware and a new one is en route.

The oddball thing about my particular issue is that the device is trying to connect somewhere during device initiation (before the actual OS desktop with icons). It even reflects the number of new voicemails waiting. But that is the -only- thing that seems to work with the radio. I see that VM display even after a factory reset. Completely strange. In no other way can I seem to jump start the device to connect to the mobile network.

Cheers.
    @densha99. Pls my six month old phone has just started this same exact issue, the mobile network checkbox simply cannot come on while the bluetooth and wifi check boxes are coming on when clicked. Was your problem ever resolved or you just had to get another one. Pls reply me I really need you help.
    So confused right now.
    10-04-12 07:47 AM

Cheers.
    @densha99. Pls my six month old phone has just started this same exact issue, the mobile network checkbox simply cannot come on while the bluetooth and wifi check boxes are coming on when clicked. Was your problem ever resolved or you just had to get another one. Pls reply me I really need you help.
    So confused right now. And its the same bold 9900
    10-04-12 07:47 AM
    So confused right now.
    In his post he mentions that it was a hardware problem and they replaced the phone.
    10-04-12 07:52 AM
    Warranty exchange, or repair, unless you took it apart to change the housing, it's void and you'll need to buy a new one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-04-12 12:35 PM
    i have a similar issue... but a bit more strange...
    mobile network can connect
    BES also connected
    BIS can not seem to connect at all no matter what... tried many times to activate via USB on MDaemon email server for Windows and screen even shows "activation completed, you may now unplug device"... but on the actual device the signal never seems to "reach" it so the activation never finishes...

any ideas ?!?
    Last edited by guilleman; 10-05-12 at 06:31 PM. Reason: subscribe to thread
    10-05-12 06:30 PM
    BIS and BES can't be used at the same time. It's either one, or the other. If you're on a BES server you or your employer setup, that will not change anything.

i have a similar issue... but a bit more strange...
    mobile network can connect
    BES also connected
    BIS can not seem to connect at all no matter what... tried many times to activate via USB on MDaemon email server for Windows and screen even shows "activation completed, you may now unplug device"... but on the actual device the signal never seems to "reach" it so the activation never finishes...

any ideas ?!?
    10-05-12 06:41 PM
    BIS and BES can't be used at the same time. It's either one, or the other. If you're on a BES server you or your employer setup, that will not change anything.
    thnxs Root!

in that case "service status" screen shows:
    connection: mobile network
    BIS: not connected:
    BES: mobile network
    coverage: EDGE

but i'm still unable to activate my email (even though at setup screen it shows a green check mark above email icon as if activated already)

and on MDaemon i get this message "Wired activation complete. You may disconnect the USB cable. Enterprise activation will continue on the device."... but activation never continues on device...

any ideas ?!?
    10-05-12 07:02 PM
    thnxs Root!

in that case "service status" screen shows:
    connection: mobile network
    BIS: not connected:
    BES: mobile network
    coverage: EDGE

but i'm still unable to activate my email (even though at setup screen it shows a green check mark above email icon as if activated already)

and on MDaemon i get this message "Wired activation complete. You may disconnect the USB cable. Enterprise activation will continue on the device."... but activation never continues on device...

any ideas ?!?
    Wipe and reload without restoring a backup? Maybe that'll fix it, then just restore any contacts from the "address book - all" choice on the Custom tab in desktop manager.
    10-05-12 07:14 PM
    Wipe and reload without restoring a backup? Maybe that'll fix it, then just restore any contacts from the "address book - all" choice on the Custom tab in desktop manager.
    wiped + reloaded and no backup restored... nothing restored in fact...

still get this message "Wired activation complete. You may disconnect the USB cable. Enterprise activation will continue on the device"... but activation does not continue...

and i can not even PIN myself (if that helps)

any other ideas ?!?
    10-05-12 08:01 PM
    My only other suggestion is to reinstall BES on the server, after uninstalling it and rebooting the server.

wiped + reloaded and no backup restored... nothing restored in fact...

still get this message "Wired activation complete. You may disconnect the USB cable. Enterprise activation will continue on the device"... but activation does not continue...

and i can not even PIN myself (if that helps)

any other ideas ?!?
    10-05-12 08:14 PM
    My only other suggestion is to reinstall BES on the server, after uninstalling it and rebooting the server.
    thnxs root!

i'll try that...
    10-05-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD