Hey everyone, I'm new to this but not to the blackberry world. I just switched from an iPhone 5 to the Bold 9900. I bought a really good near perfect condition blackberry on ebay and it said the phone was for AT&T. I received the phone and I inserted my ATT sim card, the phone did not recognize the sim card all it said was Insert Sim Card. I took it in to AT&T and they tried 5 different sim cards, none of them worked. I came home and started playing with the phone on my own, I went to Mobile Network and clicked Scan for Available Networks, it started scanning and picked up the AT&T network but says I can make emergency calls only. I emailed the eBay user but the person said "I might have gotten unlocked during a reset". Phones don't unlock themselves. I filed a report to get a refund but since I was a damn new user on eBay (I'm assuming) they went against me and favored the damn buyer. Any help? I put in a good 350 bucks into this and I can't just let it go to waste.
    04-10-13 11:58 PM
    I'd check with AT&T, give them the IMEI number and ask them to verify if the device is 'blacklisted'...
    04-11-13 06:40 AM
    If you or the previous owner used a SIM adapter, they are known to jam in SIM reader and break some pins off on the reader. If there is a cell repair shop near you, you might want to have them check that.
    04-11-13 06:59 AM
    What robsteve said is likely to be correct. If you inserted the SIM card, and still have the "Insert SIM Card" prompt at the top, the likely outcome is one of the pins have been ripped out or damaged in some way, likely by a MicroSIM to SIM adapter (happened to my old Samsung infuse 4G. Still sitting in my drawer as an ipod basically).

I'd try filing another claim. Don't let the seller get away with it. If there's physical damage to the phone that you didn't know about, you're entitled to a refund.

If all else fails, I'd assume you could replace the slot possibly, but I'm not sure on that.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:08 PM
    What robsteve said is likely to be correct. If you inserted the SIM card, and still have the "Insert SIM Card" prompt at the top, the likely outcome is one of the pins have been ripped out or damaged in some way, likely by a MicroSIM to SIM adapter (happened to my old Samsung infuse 4G. Still sitting in my drawer as an ipod basically).

I'd try filing another claim. Don't let the seller get away with it. If there's physical damage to the phone that you didn't know about, you're entitled to a refund.

If all else fails, I'd assume you could replace the slot possibly, but I'm not sure on that.

Posted via CB10
    It's replaceable of that is the case but you have to solder the pins to the board. Not exactly a diy.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:15 PM
    Go to "Networks and Connections/Mobile Network." Change your "Network Selection Mode" to "Automatic B" and then your "Network Technology" to "GSM/UMTS" Save those settings. Take out the battery, insert sim card into the phone and then put the battery back in. And if it doesn't read it when the phone comes back on, then there is something physically wrong with the sim card reader.
    04-11-13 11:10 PM