Hi.

Recently i inserted a micro sim with an adapter into my bold 9900, the micro sim fell out and got stuck. On retrieving it one of my gold pins got stuck and another fell out of the sim card reader area. Now i have to insert the simcard 2-3 times for it to read it. and after a short period of time it comes up with a message saying sim card error. And i have to repeat the process of inserting the sim card two or 3 times till it seems to pick it up.
    I've been looking online on ebay at sim card reader replacement services for �25, would these fix my problem? I bought the phone used from amazon, although it was described by the seller as 'new'..i'm guessing RIM wouldn't cover me?
    03-10-13 06:07 AM
    Hi.

Recently i inserted a micro sim with an adapter into my bold 9900, the micro sim fell out and got stuck. On retrieving it one of my gold pins got stuck and another fell out of the sim card reader area. Now i have to insert the simcard 2-3 times for it to read it. and after a short period of time it comes up with a message saying sim card error. And i have to repeat the process of inserting the sim card two or 3 times till it seems to pick it up.
    I've been looking online on ebay at sim card reader replacement services for �25, would these fix my problem? I bought the phone used from amazon, although it was described by the seller as 'new'..i'm guessing RIM wouldn't cover me?
    i would suggest you to get a new regular sim from your service provider and no RIM or Blackberry would not cover for this !
    03-10-13 08:45 AM
    had the same problem, tried to use my iphone sim in the 9900, but adapter got stuck. Cost me �25 too in my local phone shop, but be careful and make sure the shop does a proper job. as my new sim reader was really tight and would chip off the sides of the sim card every time i put it in - worked perfectly though
    03-17-13 11:25 AM
    Just for any new users that see this thread, SIM adapters are not needed in the 9900 and can cause problems like described. Since the 9900 SIM reader is fully accessible, not just a slot, you can take a micro SIM and just slide it in to the SIM reader. You just need to center the SIM side to side and not go all the way in, leaving about a 2-3mm gap from being all the way in.
    03-18-13 07:08 AM
    Same thing happened to me on my 9900 a while back. I paid to get it fix at a repair shop and haven't messed with a sim card adapter again - lesson learned!
    03-18-13 10:30 AM
    CrackBerry Kevin had the same s1t happen to him..should've just used a regular SIM, bruddah LOL. Hope you get this situation rectified!
    03-18-13 02:59 PM
    What is the point of a micro sim card? What's wrong with the carrier supplied sim?
    03-18-13 04:01 PM
    What is the point of a micro sim card? What's wrong with the carrier supplied sim?
    It is people swapping a SIM between a BlackBerry and another brand phone that took the smaller SIM. Some Z10 owners are learning the hard way too, using the nano SiMs from their iPhone in an adapter and breaking the reader on the Z10.

The pay as you go SIM's may not be as easy to change as those of us on contracts that can just ask for a new sim with a phone change.
    fryk likes this.
    03-19-13 07:32 AM
    I was skeptical but the micro SIM slid in and seems firmly seated and the phone works just fine. THANK YOU!
    03-27-15 04:20 AM