My bb bold 9900 has shut off and restarted completely several times. Does anyone know a fix to this problem?
    12-04-11 12:33 PM
    What was the last app you installed?

When did you notice your device shutting off and back on again? (App install, water damage, shock)

How many times has this happened?
    12-04-11 01:16 PM
    never have heard of that, usually after an app dowload, but never on its own..
    12-04-11 01:19 PM
    that has happened to me also...does matter which version of the OS. i did it when i had on no apps and also when it had on apps. i though it was a software problem but now im beginning to think its a hardware problem...any thoughts?
    12-06-11 06:51 AM
    I had this issue as well. My 9900 would completely restart for no apparent reason, and with no changes made. I had recently turned on auto off/on, so I disabled it. That seemed to fix the rebooting issue *knock on wood*. Maybe try that if you have it enabled.
    I have no idea why that would cause intermittent reboots but it seemed to be the case with mine.
    12-06-11 07:11 AM
    the thing is i dont have that enabled. i have seen the issue raised more than once on various forums and threads. hence me coming to the conclusion its a hardware problem...even though im hoping not
    12-06-11 07:30 AM
    i too have the same issue, and a few of my friends have asked aswel. iv had it happen at completely random times, mid phone calls, whilst using different applications. even just picking it up to unlock. as it has been mentioned before there is quite a bit of chatter about it cross the net. would be nice to come to some conclusion and have a solution for this problem.
    12-11-11 11:12 AM
    I had the same problem. It kept rebooting atleast 4 times a day. Got JVM error and took it in. They wiped it in store, had it for couple days and kept rebooting. Few weeks later jvm error happened again with a "reset" option but when you clicked it, it only rebooted to samething. Took it back in, they sent it out for repairs, hadn't even had it back a week and it rebooted 4 times in a day, twice within 30 seconds. So I am wondering if it is possible to get a new one if after it comes back from repair(just took it back yesterday) and does the samething. I've only had it since end of Sept!!!
    12-22-11 04:49 PM
    I face the same problem but when connect to PC using USB mode, it can be use but after removing it, the same problem occurs again
    any idea??
    already try to upgrade & downgrade, no changes
    12-22-11 10:52 PM
    I've had this several times but then I updated to .540, .585 its been fine now hasnt restarted in a week
    12-22-11 11:03 PM
    HI there guys, I am one more Blackberry lover and fell in love with my Bold 9900... The problem is that just like many others i've read about, after using the handset for no longer than 2 months it started restarting itself sometimes when i plugged it to charge. After that happening a few times the phone started to turn itself off randomly. Back on after removing the battery. (3/4 times before it died). On Christmas day it turned intself off and until now will not stay on for more than a few seconds after removing the battery. I have noticed that while plugged via usb to my pc it stays on for as long as i leave it plugged. Remove usb cable and it dies. I have noticed yesterday that the phone will stay on as well if i turn on the camera. Can take as many pictures as i want, for a long as i want. Turn off camera and it will die just like unplugging from usb. (Note that if i plug it to its charger it will still die. Stays on only while plugged to the pc or i have the camera on) Tried reinstalling many different OS versions but still no luck. I'm desperate. Bought the phone without warranty. Any kind soul out there would have any idea what could fix this? Thanks in advance
    01-04-12 07:55 PM
    I bought my Bold 9900 in November the day it came out. I didn't have any issues with it until last month. Anytime I shut my phone off it reboots. I can't get the dang thing to stay powered off if my life depended on it! It also randomly reboots whenever it wants to. I spent hours on the phone with att & blackberry the other night, did every possible trouble shooting thing we could, including completely wiping my phone back to factory settings but the dang thing still turns back on when powered off. Fortunately my sister works for at&t so I had her inquire about my reboot issue at work, this is a hardwear problem and currently there is no fix That just rains on my parade because I really like my BB
    03-12-12 08:51 PM
    I bought my Bold 9900 in November the day it came out. I didn't have any issues with it until last month. Anytime I shut my phone off it reboots. I can't get the dang thing to stay powered off if my life depended on it! It also randomly reboots whenever it wants to. I spent hours on the phone with att & blackberry the other night, did every possible trouble shooting thing we could, including completely wiping my phone back to factory settings but the dang thing still turns back on when powered off. Fortunately my sister works for at&t so I had her inquire about my reboot issue at work, this is a hardwear problem and currently there is no fix That just rains on my parade because I really like my BB
    Wouldn't you be within your rights to do an exchange under manufacturer's warranty?
    03-12-12 08:56 PM
    I've had this several times but then I updated to .540, .585 its been fine now hasnt restarted in a week
    how can i do dat...pleaz help
    09-11-12 12:45 PM
    Hii all, u may try this method. Cost nothing! I experienced the same probs...it happened every time after phone calls & text. Auto reboot more than 10times per day. Most of the time,..it won't restart itself. i have to take out the battery and put it back......Got Fed up! I also deleted almost all the 3rd pty apps in my bb,..doesn't work! I even took out the media card off my bb..... Problem still.... .... The only way i did was,.... Charging my phone all times coz it works! But question,..will this be forever? Trigger something? Yup! The battery probs.... Battery condition is good. But, it's loosen. Come! Check on yours! What i did was, took a small piece of paper,..fit it in between the battery. Make it fit... And my prob solve. Good luck you all!
    06-25-14 08:59 PM
    i do every thing with blackberry to not reboot i so many time a restore but same result to reboot even i change 4 new battery with new bettery i work only one month i do something different do some changes in battery the 4 connector of the battery attche with other same size battery and now its work perfectly last 15 day not rebooted yet so chill guys its a battery fault i will lunch full vedio on youtoube when i become free because its really tension for every one
    i will b make another battery 9900 bold have only one prob which is charging
    02-23-17 07:15 AM
    I've certainly had this problem with my Q10, as have many others, where the folded business card is a prerequisite for stable power supply and to prevent random & frequent reboots.
    Personally, have not experienced the same on any of my 9900s where the JM1 battery seems a more secure fit

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    02-23-17 09:01 AM
    Same, I've never experienced this issue that I can recall. I don't think I would be able to tolerate an issue like that.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-23-17 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD