I have read way to much before i decided to post this. Ive seen many people reporting on red light blinking or showing the battery with a red X on it, but somehow my phone has got them both. So ill explain , putting the battery on the phone , it will turn on the red light and after a black screen and than red light will blink again , and this keep repeating , if i do plug the phone to a wall charge the phone will turn the red light followed by a black screen and when it usually starts loading it will show the empty battery with the Red X on it. if i remove from charging the battery icon will stay there till i do a battery pull. I have tried to replace the battery (also tried the old one in an other phone and working fine ) tried to load the os but it will alwys stops on connecting to JMV and than it will say plug device again ecc ecc. Im getting really confused and really pissed of . If anyone can help it would be really great.

Ps: i have found a schematic of the hardware that may cause this issue and since i got this phone in the state i described ill give it a try but just wanted to be sure before i open it ))

03-19-12 11:07 PM
    im trying to rehot the main composant but ut doesnt work. dont forgot if you open the phone there is a lot of rf shielding which are difficult to remove. i will try again if it s work i will tell you. By the way where do you take this picture? excuz me for my bad english
    03-20-12 05:25 AM
    afta making a re hot there is no restaring but just one red light afta nothing. the phone is always recognize by the PC.
    03-20-12 06:17 AM
    Well , ill give it a try once i go at work . Picture were take from gsmhosting , ppl claiming this solving the problem . phone is recognized by computer but it is unable to install an os or do anything.
    03-20-12 06:26 AM
    9900's and 9930's give this problem more often than even I would want to admit (though I love the phone). Right now I have a 9930 from Verizon on my desk and I only have the redlight flashing problem.

I tried reworking / applying heat to the same components and nothing. Changing those components is a bit out of the question unless I can get to purchase them online or taking them off a completely DEAD board. When I try to reload OS, it sometimes passes the CONNECT TO JVM screen, but when it's actually loading the OS, it just reboots in the process

Still working on it though ....until the customer comes for it
    03-20-12 07:42 AM
    All i can say for sure is that this is no longer a software issue . Thought this is not the right place as not much hardware talking in here. Anyhow im obsessed on fixing this phone , Someone uploaded the complete schematic of this model so i just need to get a lot of patience and misure every single component . somehow somewhere the problem is , and if rim can fix it someone else can do it to !

Ps : if anyone get un update or if i will post in here
    03-20-12 08:21 AM
    I had the same issue with my 9900 this morning - left it charging for 3 hours (red light constantly blinking) and then I noticed it rebooting and so we are back to normal.

The problem was the battery had been completely drained during the night.
    04-14-12 04:22 AM
    06-24-12 08:51 AM
    I have to wonder if the pins the battery connects to aren't popping out like they should and not making proper contact.
    06-24-12 09:31 AM
    Somehow the nuke fixes fixed my brother's 9900 I just tried it and it worked
    11-22-12 09:59 AM
    i need help asap! my phone was working perfectly fine, then it died, and when i went to go charge it, the red light stayed on for like 10 seconds, and the battery sign came uo, with the ex through it, its done thid once before, but i let it charge over night and it turned on, its been over 12 hours now, i need help
    05-24-13 07:35 AM
    i need help asap! my phone was working perfectly fine, then it died, and when i went to go charge it, the red light stayed on for like 10 seconds, and the battery sign came uo, with the ex through it, its done thid once before, but i let it charge over night and it turned on, its been over 12 hours now, i need help
    Unplug the charging cable, pull the battery and wait 30 seconds then put it back in. As soon as you see the screen light up - immediately plug the cord back in - it should now begin to charge and boot up.
    05-24-13 05:38 PM
    I have to wonder if the pins the battery connects to aren't popping out like they should and not making proper contact.
    The battery contacts are easy to check. The are spring loaded for positive contact
    05-24-13 11:41 PM
    All i did was took an ear bud, dip it in nail polish... cleaned the pins and the battery contact points... vuallah... it came on again and charged to normal... be sure to push it in a bit just in case...
    06-01-13 08:15 PM
    I was experiencing the black screen with a red X across the battery symbol & I did what Cavi Mike suggested - unplug cable, pull out battery for 30 seconds, put battery back in and plug cable in as soon as screen lights up - and it fixed my problem.
    06-29-13 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD