Hey there Crackberry,

I've had my Bold 9900 for about 4months and it was working fine for 3 and a half. Then I started having issues with the R key and the Shift key on the left hand of the keyboard. Then my mum dropped my phone on the sofa and the button beside the 0 on the keypad fell off. I wanna know if there is any way I can get the phone repaired as I swapped with my friend and she doesn't have warrenty on the phone its self.

I don't wanna take the phone apart knowing me I'd make it worse and all the little shops that you can take them into think its as easy as older blackberrys to replace the membrane but it's harder..

Does anyone know if I can post it to blackberry or something else alternatively to sort this problem out? If so could you link me? By the way I'm from Scotland/UK if that makes any difference to the postage place.

Thanks alot,
    jazzalyon
    07-02-12 09:03 AM
    The complete keyboard and trackpad assembly is not that expensive. I will try and find you a link for one. You could then get one of your local shops to replace it.

Edit:

Here is the whole housing and keyboard from a seller on Ebay for $33. You should ask the seller if he ships to the UK. It is a Canadian seller and I bought a 9000 battery from them last year. It was a genuine BlackBerry battery that I received.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5#ht_954wt_966
    Last edited by robsteve; 07-02-12 at 10:15 AM.
    07-02-12 09:55 AM
    having an issue with mine as well... my "0" key goes in and out.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 12:01 PM
    The complete keyboard and trackpad assembly is not that expensive. I will try and find you a link for one. You could then get one of your local shops to replace it.

will replacing my keyboard fix this problem?

07-02-12 12:02 PM
    Thanks alot for the reply mate, Really appreciate it But I'm sorta nooby when it comes to stuff like opening a full phone apart lol, I'd end up damaging something. Is it possible to just basically get a whole keyboard for the phone alone? Looks easier to fit than a whole new housing haha :P
    07-03-12 07:53 PM
    try to return it... or sell in ebay and buy iPhone or Android phone...
    07-03-12 08:50 PM
    try to return it... or sell in ebay and buy iPhone or Android phone...

funny how many bb haters are in crackberry forums haha

OniBerry likes this.
    07-03-12 10:28 PM
    33 seems mighty cheap for all of that.
    07-04-12 01:27 AM
    As long as the phone came with the contract or was purchased from an official stockist from new you should be covered under the Manufacturers guarantee and be within your rights to return it to the retailer who should either then repair or replace.
    If they refuse, contact trading standards as you have rights and your contract is with the phone provider not the manufacturer.
    As long as the fault is not as a result of damage on your part (a drop onto a sofa should not incur damage unless it hit a hard object during the fall).

Here is the link to the Blackberry UK guarantee - http://uk.blackberry.com/legal/handheld_warranty.jsp

Good luck
    Last edited by Iansky; 07-04-12 at 01:51 PM.
    07-04-12 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD