Am i right in thinking the BB bold 9900 has an 8GB internal memory?? What i would like to know is how many apps would the phone be able to handle before it would start to slow down?? I have FB... Twitter...WhatsApp and FourSquare and my phone is showing the timer clock and staying on for about 2 minutes!!!! Slowing my phone down ! I was hoping i would be able to have more apps than this!!!!...My friend has a HTC 8GB internal memory and has way more apps than me with no problems??
    05-02-12 07:46 AM
    I would try a reboot/battery pull. I've got a similar setup and am not regularly experiencing this issue though on occasion a 'hung' app requires a reboot to get things running again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 07:49 AM
    The 8GB is not for apps. Some larger apps do use some of the 8 GB storage but you should be working off around 200 mb for app storage. That being said, I have about 24 apps installed with about 170 mb of space remaining and I don't see the clock very much. Are you certain your media is being stored on the 8 gb or SD card?
    05-02-12 07:51 AM
    OP turn off 'enable compression' in Storage. It has done wonders for my phones speed and now I seldom see the spinning clock.
    05-02-12 08:03 AM
    OP turn off 'enable compression' in Storage. It has done wonders for my phones speed and now I seldom see the spinning clock.

What exactly does this do? I am going to give it a try! I have been getting the spinning clock lately, quite annoying!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 11:47 AM
    What exactly does this do? I am going to give it a try! I have been getting the spinning clock lately, quite annoying!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Here is where I found the tip a while back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-611882/
    05-02-12 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD