hey, i sent my blackberry off to get fixed due to the phone not turning on or charging or anything like that and they sent me back a brand new phone, and i received it today and it just says "insert sim card" i've read around and tried to find solutions but nothing is working, the phone is unlocked and the sim was contracted with a blackberry before hand, anybody know what i should do or a way to fix this?
    10-21-12 05:56 PM
    It seems the phone doesnt detect the simcard. If the simcard is old you should ask for a replacement at the carrier store. Other thing ( i had this problem and solved, on my 9810 ) i put a little paper with the simcard and it worked. So i take the paper out and pressed the simcard tray metal just a little. Good luck.
    10-21-12 06:12 PM
    It seems the phone doesnt detect the simcard. If the simcard is old you should ask for a replacement at the carrier store. Other thing ( i had this problem and solved, on my 9810 ) i put a little paper with the simcard and it worked. So i take the paper out and pressed the simcard tray metal just a little. Good luck.
    yeah I've tried using a little bit of paper and it made no change, the sim card is fairly old but its only been taken out about 3 times do i just ring my network provider and ask for a new one and how long do they roughly take to come through?
    10-21-12 06:25 PM
    Can u ask directly on a store? I asked here and vodafone gave me in the same minute. You can always try a friend simcard on you phone. To see if the issue is your card...
    Sorry for the paper didnt worked... It worked to me
    10-21-12 06:34 PM
    Can u ask directly on a store? I asked here and vodafone gave me in the same minute. You can always try a friend simcard on you phone. To see if the issue is your card...
    Sorry for the paper didnt worked... It worked to me
    im not sure, never had to do it before aha, ive tried a different sim card and still the same, ive tried the sim card im using in my iPhone 3G and it works without any problems, i just really dont understand why its not working as its a brand new phone
    10-21-12 06:56 PM
    Hello

I have already inserted sim card but still its showing insert sim card and also i tried lots of sim card in this mobile...but not a single sim worked...
    Nd in the setting its showing vodafone network but not connected....nd one more thing this phone purchased from africa and then i m using india before 4 months but now its not working...nd i formate this phone before a few minutes....and also checked harware problem its not a hardware problem....so please check and help me as soon as possible....
    Amr Alaa3 likes this.
    03-26-15 01:31 PM