Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zkei
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold 9900 fails to sync Outlook 2011 contacts. Please Help!

Blackberry Bold 9900 fails to sync Outlook 2011 contacts. Please Help!-blackberry-sync-error-contacts.jpg

Please assist me as this is very urgent! I am helping my boss with his Blackberry issue and it has dragged on for months now.

When he tries to sync his device with the Blackberry Desktop software, he gets the above message. All other syncing options work except for when the phone syncs the Outlook 2011, Windows 64 bit contacts.

We have tried everything to sort out the issue:

- Checked for inconsistencies and duplicates in contacts.
    - Backed up phone and re-installed BB desktop software (Latest version 7.1)
    - Formatted Phone back to stock and retried sync....still failed
    - Installed Companion Link to bypass the sync, still failed.
    - We had techies try and fix any outlook issues, but they also failed.

All of my bosses contacts, in excess of 500 people, need to be transferred to his phone so he can call them while on his business trips.
    Does anybody know of a solution to effectively transfer the contacts from outlook to the BB phone? Has anyone encountered the error dialogue above?

I would really appreciate the help, as the BB forum doesn't seem to help its users very much.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,734 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Default Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 fails to sync Outlook 2011 contacts. Please Help!

I found this question in BlackBerry support forums here, and the response directed to this solution.

Not sure if it will help any, but worth a look.
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 fails to sync Outlook 2011 contacts. Please Help!

Thanks Mobile Madness but this was the first thing I tried once the problem was identified. Unfortunately after taking the necessary steps, the contact sync problem still persisted. Thanks so much for your effort though!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Blackberry Bold 9900 fails to sync Outlook 2011 contacts. Please Help!

Get a bes.

Or, can you load the bosses mailbox into someone else mail profile. Try to sync then. Maybe its a pc, user profile or mail profile issue. Try his mailbox on another users outlook profile or machine.

Sent using Tapatalk
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will
    command the attention of the world."

George Washington Carver

CB Feedback
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,040 Global Posts

Have you looked at this. I have no idea if anything in there will help.

Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solut... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I checked out the BES thing. I will consider this as an alternative. Im not sure if the contacts can be accessed from another PC at this time. He has close to 3000 contacts that need to be synced, and because of confidentiality, doing a sync through gmail or another client is not really an option. I will see what I can do based on your advice!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Haha its pretty funny that someone gives a solution, and the rest of the comments are people arguing about something menial. Thanks for the link. Apparently this issue has existed for 2 years seeing the date of posting on that thread. I'm not a Blackberry user, but I have already encountered so many issues online about this brand. I hope RIM and whoever has the brains to solve the issue do so. BB is a business phone, well reputed at that. How come they don't have the basic transfer and sync functions working for Outlook 2011?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,040 Global Posts

Good question. Is your bosses setup using an exchange active sync server? If so BB10 will support that but doesn't do him any good right now.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

No he's not using an exchange active sync. All he wants to do is transfer the contacts in his Outlook on the PC, to his blackberry via usb. It should be a simple thing, but there seems to be so many conflicts with outlook and the data handling during synchronization. lol, I just saw your signature, I giggled. Thanks for the tip, but I'm looking for the direct sync with no exchange or active sync servers. Appreciate it though!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,040 Global Posts

Ah well I hope you can get something figured out. It should be much simpler than it is currently!