I've just noticed I've got two contact lists. One is default and the other is unknown. Now my contact list where all my contacts are saved in which is the unknown contact list and it isn't being picked up by my whatsapp messenger for some reason. I basically need to know how to move my contacts to the default contact list on my device without having to resort to deleting all my contacts and then saving them again into the default contact list grrr...
    10-30-11 02:53 PM
    I had the exact same problem. Found this solution:
    Open your contacts
    Press menu -> Options
    Type rset
    Select yes for the contact lists you want to delete
    I then selected the "unknown" list when it came up. This issue popped up for me when I upgraded the os recently. I suspect it was an issue with gsync.
    10-30-11 08:13 PM
    This wipes the list but doesnt delete it!

I want to delete or make "default" my default contact list!
    01-29-12 11:01 AM
    I want to delete or make "default" my default contact list!
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services > Contact List (SYNC) = Default
    ezapper2 and Dougielas like this.
    01-29-12 11:11 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Found this solution:
    Open your contacts
    Press menu -> Options
    Type rset
    Select yes for the contact lists you want to delete
    I then selected the "unknown" list when it came up. This issue popped up for me when I upgraded the os recently. I suspect it was an issue with gsync.
    YAY! This did the trick for me. I've had duplicate contacts since I got my 9900 and it has driven me crazy. Now maybe my facebook contact photos can update into my contact list like they did so nicely on my 9700.
    01-29-12 12:10 PM
    Thanks for that tip. Just switched my primary email account to yahoo and couldn't delete the gmail contact list.

Thanks!
    06-05-12 09:49 PM
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services > Contact List (SYNC) = Default
    genious!!!
    09-19-12 12:56 AM
    I too wish to change this field to default. I can get to the field itself (ie. "Contact List (sync) under Default Services), but I cannot change the field to read "default" rather than my email address. Your instructions say "= Default". Even if I highlight the field and type Default to try to change it, nothing works. It is stuck on showing my email address!! Any thoughts? I haved spent all day on trying to solve this, I would be immensely grateful for your help!!
    10-14-12 11:51 PM
    You are my hero. I will update shortly is this rectifies my contact transfer from my 9800 to my Z10.
    02-20-13 06:35 PM
    The reason the phone does this is simple. its a built in safety for your convince :-)

With older BB Models , you only had a single contact list. Ergo, your personal and work contacts were just thrown into the same place.

Now what was happening was people were ******** about their bosses, and went to send it to their co-workers, and accidentally sent it to everyone in their contact list .....Including their boss.

or they would take "special" photos for their husband/wife. and send it to their entire company :-D

Blackberry set up on the 9900/9930 two separate lists, that way you can have personal, and business contact lists. Therefore never again sending pictures of hemorrhoids to your boss, or sending your workplaces expense account to your felon cousin :-D

If you have not set them up separately sometimes the phone just guesses, and causes contact issues like the one the OP was having :-)
    02-20-13 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD