Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold 9900 Charging Problem

Hi guys,

So I have a blackberry bold 9900 which I am experiencing charging issues. So here it goes:

1) Plugged phone in to the wall outlet the charging bolt appears for 30 seconds and then the plug symbol shows up. From there the phone wont charge.

2) Does the same thing once plugged into the PC. The port looks fine since since the connection to my PC is established and I can access the phone with DM.

3) Loaded the latest OS plus loaded and older OS still having the same issue.

4) Got a new battery and still issue not resolved.

5) Tried battery pull for charging issue still not resolved.

5) I got a charging pod which is the only way the battery is charged. I cannot carry a charging pod with me all the time.

I have tried everything possible read all forms I could but cannot tend to find a solution.
    I cannot return the phone as I have had the phone over a year and do not have any warranty left.
    CrackBerry User

Are you using the same cord for 1 & 2 above? Perhaps it's a bad cord?

Global Posts
    13,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

A regular BB wall charger will not charge by 9900 for some reason either.

USB to my PC will however work.
    Try a different cable and different USB ports. Your PC might have some low-powered USB ports.

But I'm not bothered because we have 2 PlayBook chargers and those work like a charm.
    So maybe try the PB aka Premium charger with higher capacity.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,092 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pthug View Post
    Hi guys,

So I have a blackberry bold 9900 which I am experiencing charging issues. So here it goes:

1) Plugged phone in to the wall outlet the charging bolt appears for 30 seconds and then the plug symbol shows up. From there the phone wont charge.

2) Does the same thing once plugged into the PC. The port looks fine since since the connection to my PC is established and I can access the phone with DM.

3) Loaded the latest OS plus loaded and older OS still having the same issue.

4) Got a new battery and still issue not resolved.

5) Tried battery pull for charging issue still not resolved.

5) I got a charging pod which is the only way the battery is charged. I cannot carry a charging pod with me all the time.

I have tried everything possible read all forms I could but cannot tend to find a solution.
    I cannot return the phone as I have had the phone over a year and do not have any warranty left.
    Its pretty common for the phone to show the plug symbol even when the phone is not 100% full. Just let it be and it will turn to charging again. Think of it as charge, stop and charge process which is common for charging.

But if its stop charging for a looong time, then something is wrong.

- Charles
    Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/cthaddeus

Phone History : Nokia 3310 > Nokia 8250 > Nokia 3320 > Nokia 7210 > Sony Ericsson T610i > Sony Ericsson W810i > Nokia E71 > Nokia E72 > BB 9700 > BB 9800 > BB 9900 > BB Q10 > Samsung S3 > BB Q10 > iPhone 5S > BB Q10 > BB Passport

PDA History : Compaq iPAQ 3630 > Playbook 64GB > Google Nexus 7 16GB

"Physical keyboard rules!!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

try synchronizing battery once again or
    buy new battery, or perhaps new phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

if the connection is lose it will not charge, try a different cord.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

It depends on which wall plug you're using. I have a lot of different wall plugs for a host of other Bb devices, and older wall chargers will not charge my BB9900. Only the original wall charger supplied together with the BB9900 will work.

As for USB, there are some ports which are low voltage. Those won't charge the BB.
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    CrackBerry Addict

If the power source doesn't have enough power to charge, your device will give you that message. I have left-over chargers from other BBs, Nokia & Motorola phones and they all will charge my 9900. The only time it won't charge is using the PC USB when the PC is in Standby.

From what the OP posted it sounds like the device's usb port is faulty. However, there is one other test they can do. That is in Clock Options, set When Charging to Display Clock. Then plug in the charger. If it stops charging, the clock will not be displayed.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BE26314

I have a similar problem. My 9900 will stay at 97-98% for hours before it shows that it is at 100% I just wait it out.

But now that lingering 98% only happens if I plug it on charge when it's at like 70'ish percent, oh well.