Whether it be a 9900 or 9790 who cares.... Stop showing us pics and vids and release the darn devices already!

Don't wait or the iPhone 5 will steal your thunder just like the iPad 2 stole the delayed Playbook's thunder!

If I see another post with people showing off pics of the new devices I think I'm gonna have a hernia. Enough already and let's get the ball rolling peoples!
    aiquoc23 and yurik#AC like this.
    07-21-11 10:40 PM
    You make it sound like we have control of the release of the 9900. If we did, it would be out months ago! If you don't like the pics or vids, then don't look at them. Personally I like watching them. It gives us insight of the device before it launches. As for the iPhone 5 or 4S whatever the **** is gonna be called. That will NOT sway my decision at all. I am going to buy the 9900, period.
    07-21-11 11:24 PM
    What is this iPhone and iPad you speak of? Never heard of them...
    johnmarki likes this.
    07-21-11 11:42 PM

All I know is that they both don't make calls.
    johnmarki likes this.
    07-21-11 11:49 PM
    People who buy iDevices aren't buying them based on any kind of tech comparison/usefulness standard anymore; they're buying a trendy brand name.
    Ergo, bbos and ios don't cater to the same crowd, and don't truly compete. Different markets. Imo of course.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 01:58 AM
    People who buy iDevices aren't buying them based on any kind of tech comparison/usefulness standard anymore; they're buying a trendy brand name.
    Ergo, bbos and ios don't cater to the same crowd, and don't truly compete. Different markets. Imo of course.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Disagree. The iPhone does mmany ththings excellent and better than other phones out there. I didnt buy each generation to be "cool" I hate it when ppeople throw that stupid generalization out there.
    07-22-11 07:22 AM
    Damn dude your missing out ipad 2 is beast, and all this waiting that rim is making us due, is just making me want to give ip5 a chance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 07:52 AM
    Disagree. The iPhone does mmany ththings excellent and better than other phones out there. I didnt buy each generation to be "cool" I hate it when ppeople throw that stupid generalization out there.
    Indeed..i bought my first ever iphone, which was the iphone4...before then i resisted buying into the whole apple thing. But i bought mine purely because it does what i need it to ie multimedia and apps device...nothing more nothing less...i dont make any calls on it nor texts other than whatsapp but thats about it.

So for me the iphone4 fits my needs but it will never replace my BB....im definitely in for the 9900 or maybe the 9790 which is similar to the 9900 in specs if im not mistaken but is more of 9700 series phone judging by the size.
    07-22-11 08:03 AM
    your right generalizations suck.. but it's the majority that makes the generalization!

and majority of apple fan boys/girls will line up for 10 hours+ to just say "i was in line for 10 hours!! and I FINALLY GOT IT!" and everyone will want to see the device and they will be mr/ms popular for a few days!

i see it all the time with kids! they want to be COOL and fit in!

but yah some people buy it for their needs... but most just buy it cause it's APPLE! cause they do a good job integrating their products into everyone's life! i know SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people that bought imacs and ibooks because it was an apple and EVERYONE has one!! they have no idea why!! they don't even know how to use 80% of the features of an mac! I.E i've seen a lot of macs where people don't know u can change the mouse setting to right click or even know macs have a right click menu!
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 07-22-11 at 08:26 AM.
    07-22-11 08:24 AM
    Vodafone UK have got their batch of 9900's release date can't be far off now.......or can it?
    07-22-11 08:55 AM
    Whether it be a 9900 or 9790 who cares.... Stop showing us pics and vids and release the darn devices already!

Don't wait or the iPhone 5 will steal your thunder just like the iPad 2 stole the delayed Playbook's thunder!

If I see another post with people showing off pics of the new devices I think I'm gonna have a hernia. Enough already and let's get the ball rolling peoples!
    You should go vent elsewhere..... no need for the negativity.
    07-22-11 09:00 AM
    your right generalizations suck.. but it's the majority that makes the generalization!

and majority of apple fan boys/girls will line up for 10 hours+ to just say "i was in line for 10 hours!! and I FINALLY GOT IT!" and everyone will want to see the device and they will be mr/ms popular for a few days!

but yah some people buy it for their needs... but most just buy it cause it's APPLE! cause they do a good job integrating their products into everyone's life! i know SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people that bought imacs and ibooks because it was an apple and EVERYONE has one!! they have no idea why!! they don't even know how to use 80% of the features of an mac! I.E i've seen a lot of macs where people don't know u can change the mouse setting to right click or even know macs have a right click menu!
    haha thats hilarious and sadly true. I was 'born and raised' on macs (well I had a windows machine too) and my bro knows so much about them he pretty much could work at an apple store. I went to college a few years ago and saddened to see apple turning into the 'hip' brand to buy. People get them because they are 'the cool thing to do.' Quite sad really, although I guess thats what happens when it finally takes the superior computer company like 20 years to get a marketing department. Either way Im stoked for the 9900; to each his own. Im love my macbook and have been eying a 24" iMac for awhile now (photo editing would be awesome) but the iPhone just is too much fun and games for me. I want to use my phone to like... call people and maybe text. Oh and email. Pretty wild huh? Especially for a young trendy 22 year old like myself.
    johnmarki likes this.
    07-22-11 09:05 AM
    haha thats hilarious and sadly true. I was 'born and raised' on macs (well I had a windows machine too) and my bro knows so much about them he pretty much could work at an apple store. I went to college a few years ago and saddened to see apple turning into the 'hip' brand to buy. People get them because they are 'the cool thing to do.' Quite sad really, although I guess thats what happens when it finally takes the superior computer company like 20 years to get a marketing department. Either way Im stoked for the 9900; to each his own. Im love my macbook and have been eying a 24" iMac for awhile now (photo editing would be awesome) but the iPhone just is too much fun and games for me. I want to use my phone to like... call people and maybe text. Oh and email. Pretty wild huh? Especially for a young trendy 22 year old like myself.
    yes it is sad... mac's have been around for AGES!!! people just don't know!! if u think about it..... mac's really only got popular once the iphone came out.. which was good for them, but yah jumpin on the band wagon is unfortunately what we humans tend to do.. follow the crowd!

but again not everyone that uses a mac/iphone is like that and have their reason.. i.e me.. i have 24" imac at home and i like it ; >
    07-22-11 09:15 AM
    You should go vent elsewhere..... no need for the negativity.
    You know I kinda thought SVietnam had a point there .... I mean if they can make and put out one heck of a lot of videos showing how well the 9900 works why isn't it being put out on the shelves by the various carriers? It does seem weird and although I have tons of patience. I'm just a tiny bit suspicious
    SVietNam likes this.
    07-22-11 12:37 PM
    Wouldn't more pictures and videos mean that more of the devices are getting out thus closer to a release? I might just be trying to lie to myself.
    07-22-11 01:21 PM

So your personal experiences, which sound pretty exaggerated, make this to be true? Where is your data to backup these claims?

What I find even more ignorant than people who claim Apple customers are like sheep and cult-like, is the people who justify their claims with personal experiences. Realize that this world is bigger than what you see of it and just because your aunt doesn't know how to use her Mac doesn't mean that everyone buys it cus it's "an apple," and nobody knows 80% of the features.

It goes for everything in this world, not just anti or pro-Apple people; your personal experiences and observations DO NOT reflect the rest of the world!
    comboguard22 likes this.
    07-22-11 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD