To me this would hardly be a reason to downgrade, unless you are in the sunlight 24hrs then maybe??
    Well I live in arabian gulf, and summer is on, so yes its an embarrassing that my phones screen isn't working while my cousins itoy is working fine shine!
    03-30-12 12:14 PM
    I FOUND A FIX TO THE SUNLIGHT&MEDIAPLAYER ISSUES!!!!!!!
    the 7.1.0.318 os from japan fixed both of those issues I had!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-japan-712835/
    04-01-12 08:53 PM
    Oh thank goodness, because I thought I was going nuts yesterday when this happened. What a stupid bug lol.
    04-08-12 12:29 AM
    I've experienced kind of the same issue yesterday and was about to post the problem.

Am on .342 , was tanning (phone in shadow) and media player is on. I got some notifications so as i was trying to scroll down the emails, it kept going upwards automatically. Even when i tried to type sth on BBM, it scrolls up (it was the touchpad doing so).

As soon as i entered to a cool place, things were back to normal.

I don't remember experiencing such a thing in my previous blackberries! At all!

Apart from that, the clocks are really increasing nowadays
    04-08-12 01:13 AM
    Oh thank goodness, because I thought I was going nuts yesterday when this happened. What a stupid bug lol.
    Yes what a stupid bug exactly!
    But I'm still having it >_<
    04-08-12 12:25 PM
    I've experienced kind of the same issue yesterday and was about to post the problem.

Am on .342 , was tanning (phone in shadow) and media player is on. I got some notifications so as i was trying to scroll down the emails, it kept going upwards automatically. Even when i tried to type sth on BBM, it scrolls up (it was the touchpad doing so).

As soon as i entered to a cool place, things were back to normal.

I don't remember experiencing such a thing in my previous blackberries! At all!

Apart from that, the clocks are really increasing nowadays
    Covering your trackpad makes the screen works, how insane is that, why not it gets disable when not in use ? could fix this problem
    04-08-12 12:26 PM
    LOL - good news! We're all liars and don't know how to use our phones.

Or so I was just told in another thread.

I am so sick of the fanboys who write off everything as ZOMG SOMEONE IS BASHING RIM SO THEY ARE LYING ABOUT PROBLEMS!!!!!111!!11!
    04-08-12 04:31 PM
    LOL - good news! We're all liars and don't know how to use our phones.

Or so I was just told in another thread.

I am so sick of the fanboys who write off everything as ZOMG SOMEONE IS BASHING RIM SO THEY ARE LYING ABOUT PROBLEMS!!!!!111!!11!
    Come on RIM, i only had one bug in my Nokia N95 back then, but this thing has some sorta bug with every release >_< !
    04-09-12 11:21 AM
    Well, as much as this sucks (because I really do like the 9900 a lot) it's retired until after the summer. I was walking yesterday and couldn't use the touchscreen and the trackpad was all over the place because *GASP* it was sunny out.

So I'm back on my iPhone until the autumn/winter. We tend to be pretty grey here in the late fall/winter, and I would prefer to use the 9900 anyway as it's easier to type with gloves on.

Shape up, RIM, this is stupid. My Storm didn't do this. The Torch didn't do this.
    04-13-12 03:57 PM
    Covering your trackpad makes the screen works, how insane is that, why not it gets disable when not in use ? could fix this problem
    How would you disable it when not in use when the very sensor that is causing the issue is what determines if it's in use or not....
    04-13-12 04:19 PM
    Well, as much as this sucks (because I really do like the 9900 a lot) it's retired until after the summer. I was walking yesterday and couldn't use the touchscreen and the trackpad was all over the place because *GASP* it was sunny out.

So I'm back on my iPhone until the autumn/winter. We tend to be pretty grey here in the late fall/winter, and I would prefer to use the 9900 anyway as it's easier to type with gloves on.

Shape up, RIM, this is stupid. My Storm didn't do this. The Torch didn't do this.
    Yes true, its just a stupid bug, go back to any of OS 7.0 and this can be solved or try (.318) Japanese carrier released, that can fix this problem but it didn't worked for me, but how ever it did worked for some guys, you should try it out if you haven't.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-14-12 02:11 AM
    I've also experienced this. Sometimes I have to touch what I'm trying to select 3-4 times if I'm out in direct sunlight
    linuxbbm likes this.
    04-14-12 11:01 AM
    I've also experienced this. Sometimes I have to touch what I'm trying to select 3-4 times if I'm out in direct sunlight
    EXACTLY, and I'm like swiping swiping like left right up and down like what happen to you and the moment i touch track pad it just works fine, hiding track pad from directly sunlight rays makes the screen works just fine i wonder why not the track pad gets disable when not it use, and it shouldn't be a reason to downgrade to 7.0
    04-14-12 11:12 AM
    I tried returning mines and tmobile gave me the run around
    linuxbbm likes this.
    04-14-12 11:18 AM
    Easy fix..just never go outside
    04-14-12 06:28 PM
    Is your phone a vampire or something? LOOOOL
    04-14-12 08:02 PM
    Easy fix..just never go outside
    HAHAHAHA thanks!
    04-14-12 10:34 PM
    Is your phone a vampire or something? LOOOOL
    I don't know hahaha just works fine with any OS 7.0
    It's only happening on 7.1 and what you said has made me doubt my phone
    04-14-12 10:35 PM
    My week or so old Bold is having touch screen problems when I'm outside. Did they release a fix for it yet? This and the media player issue is making me regretting my purchase (bought it outright for $600). :/
    04-30-12 02:43 AM
    My week or so old Bold is having touch screen problems when I'm outside. Did they release a fix for it yet? This and the media player issue is making me regretting my purchase (bought it outright for $600). :/
    I bought it full price as well, so I know your frustration. This could either be software related(The OS you're currently on), or could be an hardware issue. For me, it was software related. A handful of the 7.1 OSes gave me the same problems you're experiencing. 7.1.0.205 & 7.1.0.318(these are OSes for the 9900) fixed my issues with my phone. Hope I helped in anyway.
    04-30-12 02:57 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD