Hi everyone

I bought a new Blackberry 9900 from The Order this week and have been using it on the 3 network without a problem since Thursday. The phone was purchased sim free so is unlocked to all networks.

Last night I went to bed, shut the phone down and left it to charge. Turned it on this morning and there's no network. I'm getting email but it doesn't show the network logo and there's a cross in the corner. Went into settings to see if I could manually turn it on but that didn't work.

I tried the sim in my S3 and it worked fine, I tried an O2 sim in the 9900 and it had the same problem, not recognised at all. Can anyone help or does this phone need to be returned?
    08-11-12 05:05 AM
    I have never seen this problem before. But before you return the phone update it's OS. Then report back here with your findings
    08-11-12 05:10 AM
    Well I decided to take it back to factory settings and for some reason it now recognises the sim. I will let you know if this happens again but so far (fingers crossed) I have a working bb
    08-11-12 11:21 AM
    I've had a couple of glitches with my 9900 on o2 UK. Decided one day last week that the 'SIM (was) Invalid' and wouldn't let me do anything. Dumped me off the network and gave me SOS only (via vodafone)

It's done it once or twice before and a battery pull always resolves it so far.
    08-11-12 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD