I have bought Blackberry 9900 but when I am charging it the charger shows connected but the battery percentage do not increase. The battery percentage even goes down but do not charge.

Please advise what can be a reason.
    06-27-15 07:40 AM
    Usually this is because the charge isn't compatible something the blackberry just might not like.

Try another charge.
    and of couse try a battery pull and then plug it in to see if that helped.
    06-29-15 10:22 AM
    Whoever sold you the 9900 most likely sent you an Android charger that does not have the amps required to charge a battery. Buy a BlackBerry charger or one that matches the amps of the BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-01-15 09:48 PM
    Samsung (used yesterday at a neighbours), motorola chargers have been confirmed to work (I have a motorola branded, with genuine microUSB adapter), huawei and LG might work too. Apple OEM cube chargers WILL NOT work regardless, it rejects the device once plugged in, but the device will not report to the user, as in your case.

Typed from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk for BlackBerry 7.1
    07-05-15 12:09 AM
    I have bought Blackberry 9900 but when I am charging it the charger shows connected but the battery percentage do not increase. The battery percentage even goes down but do not charge.

Please advise what can be a reason.
    Stop hanging onto that thing. It don't live you no more. Trade in that genie for a better lamp Aladdin

In a word BB10!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 12:27 AM
    Stop hanging onto that thing. It don't live you no more. Trade in that genie for a better lamp Aladdin

In a word BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Why?

Still a good phone if used within its' limits.

The little money you get on a trade in is not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-05-15 02:27 PM
    Why?

Still a good phone if used within its' limits.

The little money you get on a trade in is not worth it.

Posted via CB10

still "good" is relative from your point, my point, and the affected user's point of view. That said I'm sure it's in working condition IF it would charge. repair costs will not be as low as they once where and no guarantees that this new chip for the MicoUSB is actually going to work for long as it's out of warranty.

BTW, I meant trade in as the genie (the working entity of the lamp = the OS) no the actual lamp getting the value itself (hardware, 9900 vs BB10 device) Metaphors.
    07-06-15 12:40 PM
    still "good" is relative from your point, my point, and the affected user's point of view. That said I'm sure it's in working condition IF it would charge. repair costs will not be as low as they once where and no guarantees that this new chip for the MicoUSB is actually going to work for long as it's out of warranty.

BTW, I meant trade in as the genie (the working entity of the lamp = the OS) no the actual lamp getting the value itself (hardware, 9900 vs BB10 device) Metaphors.
    Almost 99% sure it is a matter of a weak charger and not the phone.

True the Classic is hands down a better phone because of the hardware and updated OS.

There are still many people on the OS7 and when used in a limited manner it works great as a work phone for phone calls, emails and messaging. Beyond that it does not do the job.

I went back to the 99 for a work phone. It is small and built well enough that I do not have to worry about damaging it by using it in a dirty environment.

Not everybody can afford $400 for a phone or willing to add $25 to their monthly phone bill. The 9900 will work with most US carriers except Sprint (9930). It can be bought very cheap on eBay or Amazon.

Not criticizing your comment just clarifying my reply.

BTW I "now" feel the Classic will be one of BlackBerry's best pkb phone. The OS is finally getting there.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-06-15 05:31 PM