Hi, I am using a blackberry 9900. The screen won't seem to rotate. I bought a facebook chat app from simply app and everytime I run the app, the screen display reads "PLEASE ROTATE SCREEN" but my screen doesn't rotate so I am unable to use the app. How can I enable rotation?
    10-21-11 12:13 PM
    I don't think the 9900 screen rotates.
    That app probably should be used with a 9800 or 9810 or another Torch
    10-21-11 12:17 PM
    I don't think the 9900 screen rotates.
    That app probably should be used with a 9800 or 9810 or another Torch
    The reviews about the phone say that it should rotate. The phone has an accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
    10-21-11 12:21 PM
    The reviews about the phone say that it should rotate. The phone has an accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
    It has an accelerometer for orientation. Not the same as auto-rotate.
    10-21-11 02:01 PM
    O_o

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 02:09 PM
    It has an accelerometer for orientation. Not the same as auto-rotate.
    The screen does not rotate, it is fixed. I'm not sure if accelerometer is correct either, since screen orientation and rotate are one in the same. What the device does have is some form of gyroscope (not an actual gyroscope) for the compass application... Or maybe it uses an accelerometer for that... I don't know. What I do know is there is no auto-rotate. I would venture to guess there is something wrong with the way the application is working with the OS.
    10-21-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD