blackberry 9900 restart when using camera with flash
hello there . lately when i use the camera with flash the device would just restart am running 188.8.131.524 platform .
i already did a full wipe using BBSAK , am really hopping it is not a hardware problem . any advice on what might be causing the problem or any possible fix .
thank you in advance .
- CrackBerry User
11-30-2012, 04:08 AM #4
- 18 Posts
My experience tells me that it may be a battery problem. In my case when the battery was a little damage (much use and overheating) is not good at the voltage, and when the flash shoots, the voltage peak restarts the phone.
It is true that each software version plays a little with energy management (but thanks to RIM and its "NO CHANGE LOG" policy) we don't know. It may be that with other versions of software is not as sensitive, but I first would take a look as follows:
- Battery contacts and phone contacts. They have to be very clean
- Try to shoot the flash with the power cord plugged in to see if it also restarts
- If you had another battery test it to see if the same thing happens.
- Try and old software version. For me the best was the 569 but you lost the LED tuning possibilities.
Hope this helps.
Well i think it is the battery because i have tried like 3 OS Versions now i am running latest version on my 9900
when i take a photo with battery below 30% it will reset but if i have it connected to the charger it wont
any suggestion about a good battery , i am a heavy user like with network set to 2G and battery enhancer always on i drain it to like ~10% in 8-10 hours
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-07-2012, 09:30 AM #8
- 164 Posts
Buy an OEM battery from a reputable place, like crackberry.
Batteries are one of the weakest links in electronics, just as cheap power supplies can be for computers. If the PC cant provide consistant voltage on the rails, the PC becomes horribly unstable, just like a smartphone will when the battery starts to go. That is why you should never buy a phone that cant replace the battery.
If you want optimum stability and performance id recommend replacing your battery every 9 months on any smartphone.
- By D Mac in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM
- By D Mac in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM
- By boost3d23 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 11Last Post: 07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
- By Naqvi in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2009, 11:30 PM
- By wcihlu in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000 ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 11-08-2008, 08:46 PM