Let me preface this with saying I'm relatively a BB novice. For the past couple of months, I've been having some problems with my 9900. It started randomly rebooting and I learned to live with it. I had another problem that turned out to be a battery issue. Maybe a month ago, I ran into some trouble with my internal memory and ended up having to reformat. I had a backup in place so that wasn't much of a big deal. I did lose a handful of numbers though.

This morning, I wake up and see that my phone is about 2/3 through the reboot process...just sitting there. I do a battery pull and watch it load and it hangs in the same place again. I pull the battery again and this time the phone reboots during the reboot a few times and eventually hangs again. I just sit the phone down because I know sometimes it takes a bit of patience. Left it alone for about 30 minutes and it was still in the same spot.

I start browsing the net and went through the steps for repairing a nuked berry...still didn't work. Then I downloaded the latest AT&T OS and managed to somehow load it on there, but it still hangs at the startup.

I called AT&T and after a pointless conversation with a representative who tried to sell me cable and internet service, they're sending me out a replacement but in the meantime I would like to understand what's going on. I searched through a few threads and I didn't really see a solution.

Do any of you wise and knowledgeable BlackBerry users have any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 9900 Randomly Reboots, Hangs on Startup-img_9134.jpg  
    03-19-13 01:14 PM
    Sounds like it could be a rogue app, although I haven't had this happen in a long time.
    Did you reinstall any of your apps when you reloaded the OS?
    03-19-13 01:17 PM
    Sounds like it could be a rogue app, although I haven't had this happen in a long time.
    In the early days, didn't it used to be the Social Feeds app that caused hangups with rebooting ?

I remember deleting it out of the box way back when after reading a post on here. Would never have used it anyway but have never had any boot issues.
    03-19-13 01:23 PM
    I forgot to mention the great fun I had when the phone decided to freeze up right after it fully booted...when it was doing that. The first time it went idle, it would come unresponsive. Perhaps it's best that they sending another one.
    03-19-13 01:23 PM
    I think the only ones that were reinstalled were the preloaded things. I didn't elect to back any of them up. I wish I was more savvy and could figure out how to be certain about that sort of thing.
    03-19-13 01:36 PM
    In the early days, didn't it used to be the Social Feeds app that caused hangups with rebooting ?

I remember deleting it out of the box way back when after reading a post on here. Would never have used it anyway but have never had any boot issues.
    I remember reading about all the trouble with Social Feeds. I think I had that installed for maybe one day.
    03-19-13 01:37 PM
    I remember reading about all the trouble with Social Feeds. I think I had that installed for maybe one day.
    OK, then maybe try this:

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    03-19-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    03-19-13 02:46 PM
    That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I went ahead and wiped it clean, got the 507 screen and then loaded the OS. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same result.

The phone loads up to that same point and after a few moments the backlight goes out and only the screen and trackpad are lit up and the USB connection treats it as if it's not connected at that point.

Weird stuff. At least there will be a replacement here soon.
    03-19-13 06:11 PM