Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 9900 no charge red x

My blackberry 9900 power up. I went to sleep and forgot to put my phone on charge. the next morning i woke up and the phone was off i assumed the battery had died in the night. I plug phone in to charge and a red light comes on as usual then black screen with charging battery (white battery with yellow lighting bolt) then with in a few minutes screen changes to white battery with red "X" through it. I've tried replacing the battery warming both old and new on my hand before putting it in, leaving it plugged in for hours to see if it was a problem with the charge.

Even on charge without the battery it's still red x

I have just orderd a battery charger to charge the battery outside the phone so will try that when it comes.
    I did update the software the day before witch does make me wonder if this could have caused the problem. I plugged it into my laptop and it does recognises it but not long enough to do anything.

Anyone have any solution?!?

Would be really really really greatful x

*****Update ******
    Hello, currently updating the 9900 that was causing all the problems. Charged the battery and put it into phone, it sprang into life and came up with a 507 error and thanks to the battery now being charged the computer recognises it no problems. It seems to be if there is a software issue the phone won't charge the battery. I recomend everyone try a external battery charger only cost me 5 from ebay.
    Last edited by Rainbowtuggles; 12-04-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Problem fixed.
  2. FBA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,410 Global Posts

Some have had success by plugging it into a PC USB port to charge...but, this could also be a bricked phone now. Which OS were/ are you running?
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

try connect it to bb desk top then click update and repair see if that works and go for the new os if not try the 7.0 one hope this helped
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

its now on 7.1 bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714. platform 5.1.0.532)

it was a 7.0 before pc still recognises it. but only for a few seconds wont keep it there long enough to do restor. tbh im not used to software issues i could take the phone to peaces and back together in a snap but software has never been something i have done much with.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

i did this with my bb and this is how i got mine working again connect it to bb desk top then wait click update and repair see if that works and click the 7.0 one to get it back on
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

it works up to a point but the phone wont stay connectyed to the pc for long enough maybe after i get the battery charged with the one i orderd it will..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hello, currently updating the 9900 that was causing all the problems. Charged the battery and put it into phone, it sprang into life and came up with a 507 error and thanks to the battery now being charged the computer recognises it no problems. It seems to be if there is a software issue the phone won't charge the battery. I recomend everyone try a external battery charger only cost me 5 from ebay.