Got a major issue with the keyboard on my 9900, the letters "A, R, O, E" dont work when i press the buttons. I replaced the keyboard and membrane then the "A, R, O, E" keys worked BUT then other keys stopped working.

If replacing one keyboard solves a few keys yet makes others not work, how would do i go about solving this?

Note: Im using the same OS that came with the phone.

Any solutions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by bblondoner; 04-17-12 at 09:31 AM.
    04-17-12 09:05 AM
    any idea guys? Will upgrading the OS to 7.1 work by any chance?
    04-18-12 05:37 AM
    Did you ever try re loading the OS?
    I just received a replacement yesterday from Verizon due too some apps would not work. I re loaded my OS several times and no luck but the replacement works fine it must be a hardware issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ESN; 04-18-12 at 06:12 AM.
    04-18-12 06:09 AM
    I agree with ESN, try reloading the OS...but this sounds like its more of a hardware issue.
    04-18-12 08:50 AM
    Updated the OS, but still same issue.

The really weird thing is when i change the keyboard with another one, the keys that didnt work before start to work, but then the keys that worked previously now seem to stop working with the new keyboard
    04-19-12 02:28 PM
    Had an issue with the "t"key on my 9900. Called AT&T and they shipped a replacement at no cost, and I don't have the insurance.
    04-19-12 08:55 PM
    I think you should try and ask for a replacement. I mean, it sounds more of a hardware issue than software. Just wondering though, how much does insurance cost for the Bold 9900? Too bad over here in my country, there's no insurance coverage available for such gadgets...
    04-19-12 09:27 PM
    thought it was a hardware problem. sorry. so if u got a insurance from the carrier, don't hesitate to replace one from them.
    04-20-12 03:37 AM
    did you get the keys professionaly replaced? Kind of a tricky thing to do with zero experience.

If so, definitly a hardware problem.
    04-20-12 12:17 PM
    Hi, i wouldn't of replaced the keyboard by yourself if i were you, but if you are having problems contact the retailer or network you purchased it from and they should replace it if the buttons aren't working! just dont tell them that you took it apart to replace the keypad!

good luck

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 12:22 PM
    I kind of need to press a little harder on my back button now...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD