Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheStoof
  • 1 Post By FBA
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default blackberry 9900 first time charge?

its been a while since ive gotten a new blackberry. i used to have the iphone 4 before going back to a blackberry. anyways the question i had was when i get a blackberry 9900 how long should i keep it on charge for the first time. ive looked around at some other threads for other phones and all the answers are different. should i wait till its fully charged and then use it or keep charging it for 12 hours or whatever
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,394 Global Posts

Got this tip long time ago from MacRumors, when I first bought my iPod.

I leave it until Fully Charged (Icon or Percentage). Once it's done, you can't keep charging by leaving it plugged for 12 hours.

I use it up for a few days or until there's only 10% left and that's why I charge it again. After I do this I charge it before I go to bed.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

If my understanding is correct, these are Lithium-Ion, then it's best to charge these devices every day regardless. It is never "healthy" to let those batteries run completely dry.

To answer your question, wait until it's 100% and disconnect. Plug it in before bed. Simple .
    ridesno159 likes this.
  4. FBA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,070 Global Posts

You can't overcharge a BB...that's all taken care of by the hardware. You can leave it in as long as you like, anytime, 1st charge or 400th charge, but no point once it's 100% charged. As was mentioned above, not healthy to let them run down, but that means run down to under 10% where the radio shuts off. They're good for 500 complete cycles. You can run down to 20-30% each time before charging with no impact on battery life/capacity.
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
    Thanked by:
    Meloco65 (08-15-2011) 
    Meloco65 likes this.