Hello ! , So this thread has two sides of it

1-What Color Do you Prefer for your 9900 ? White or Black ? :P

2-Have anyone felt that somehow the White Blackberry have less chance to get Nuked ( or having errors and Lags other things ) ??

Cause i'm gonna buy one , and it is not so easy here to get it replaced :|

Thanks And Merry Christmas Everyone !!
    12-25-11 09:24 AM
    1-Black just because it was released earlier.
    2-I believe that the white ones have better build quality and less possibility to get bricked. And also they might have better battery life. But I am just guessing, don't own a white one
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    12-25-11 09:27 AM
    I prefer black, I know a lot of people won't agree with me but white bolds feel cheaper IMO...
    12-25-11 10:33 AM
    Black all day long for me. I have to admit that the white 9900 is sexy and would want it if I planned on sleeping with it.
    12-25-11 10:43 AM
    Black for me as well. I hate anything that reminds me an iPhone. Don't get me wrong though, its a sexy looking device.
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-25-11 10:47 AM
    black one looks much more classy than the white one, in fact the white one looks cheap and plasticy . New OS updates ought to solve bricking problems
    12-25-11 11:21 AM
    BLACK for me
    12-25-11 02:04 PM
    White 9900 never had a single problem from day being using it regular and no battery lose no bricking no freezing.

I said some time ago in a post that it was a better build they the early black ones and I stand by that.

never had any issue with my phone date which nearly 3months and they make Iphone rubber neck all day long.

Written from a black Playbook.

Happy Holidays!
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-25-11 03:40 PM
    white one does cost a lot �579.99
    12-25-11 04:33 PM
    Get the color you like best.

I wouldn't get a certain color, just because I "thought" it might have better build quality.

Personally, I like black best...classic and understated, but the white looks good too. Comes down to personal taste.
    12-26-11 09:40 PM
    Black ofcourse, but I'd like the white one for my girl.

Perfect for HIS & HERS.
    12-26-11 11:12 PM
    i like the black ( i have ) that hasn't bricked... i'm planning on getting my gf the white one.
    12-27-11 02:48 AM
    I think you have to really see the device for yourself instead of looking at photo's I'm still deciding which one to get, this week going to check out the white, but tbh, i'll probably go with the black, if the white only had the fibre glass back in white... That would be amazing, but it has a leather-like back, which I will get dirty eventually.
    Like I said, going to check the white in real life, i'm curious .
    12-27-11 02:51 AM
    For me it's black!
    12-27-11 02:54 AM
    Can someone post some pics of the white bold 9900? Does the white looks cheap compared to the black?
    And i've been searching for a while, but i just can't find a pic of the white bold 9900 with the white hardshell.
    Last edited by MrChiezy; 12-27-11 at 03:08 AM.
    12-27-11 03:04 AM
    Can someone post some pics of the white bold 9900? Does the white looks cheap compared to the black?
    And i've been searching for a while, but i just can't find a pic of the white bold 9900 with the white hardshell.
    I've bought both the black and the white 9900. The white version is not by any means looks cheap compared to the black one. Personally, i dont like white 9700 because I think it looks a bit cheap (Sorry.. ). BUT, white 9900 looks classy and very elegant. I bought it for my gf. It suits her very much. Oh..the battery door on the white version is NOT leather like or carbon-fiber like. its just a plastic with printed motives.

In my opinion, both colors looks very good because RIM use premium materials on Bold 9900. In black, the steel bezel looks better because it pops up among the black surrounds thus more industrial look (which i like). While in white, the steel bezel looks more subtle but balanced with the elegant white surrounds. One caveat for white version is: the back part (soft plactic that surrounds the battery door) can discolor/scratch rather easily. If you work with pen, it is advisable to use a case. Nevertheless, they both looks good from my experience.

decision..decision.. Hope this helps!

Here are some pictures comparison that i've found for you. (Pictures belongs to slashgear.com)
    Last edited by mlist84; 12-27-11 at 03:41 AM.
    emirozmen and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    12-27-11 03:39 AM
    how would anyone guess that the white 9900 is better if they didn't own it. Granted, maybe RIM learned to do more QC after the first 9900 were so bad in so many numbers but then again, it;s RIM and they don't learn from their mistakes.

as for Bk or Wt, I like the white more but am afraid it will get dirty so I'll stick to my Black one. A white one is really tough to maintain and even if you have a strictly office job, it will still get dirty from subway, taxis, just walking around in the city.
    12-27-11 10:16 AM
    White looks pretty cool
    But I prefer a black one ,black is simple but feel great
    Merry x mas CB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-11 10:28 AM
    I have the black 9930. Haven't had any issues that couldn't be fixed with a battery pull.
    12-27-11 10:33 AM
    Black for me
    2.) The white would can still get bricked
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    12-27-11 11:00 AM
    I have a black one but I have the ability to change it to original OEM white parts for some extra bucks. My device won't change neither my OS nor anything... Just the color. I am not sure if I should do it. The white looks sexy and I don't think its male female. Anyways the upshot is I can't decide lol
    03-02-12 12:50 PM
    Easy. If you never eat Cheetos, get the white one. Otherwise, get the classy black one.
    Last edited by palomartian; 03-03-12 at 10:57 AM. Reason: reneebob was sad
    03-02-12 09:14 PM
    Def prefer Black...White BBs just look weird, imo.
    03-02-12 09:23 PM
    Nope the white in no way, shape or form looks cheap, plasticy or anything other than sleek. I loathe black phones. And it doesn't look like an iPhone. An iPhone looks even better in white.

If you live a ghetto get a white one? Palomartin, that's officially the stupidest thing I've ever read.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-02-12 at 09:51 PM.
    03-02-12 09:28 PM
    its all personal preference. you will be the one seeing the phone everyday, not us. have a look in the stores and try it out for yourself.

personally i prefer the black one. also like the rubbery area surround the battery door. a little more grippy.

i think you shouldn't be too worried about it bricking at all. My black 9900 is from the first few batches of 9900 in my country. Works perfectly fine. Reloaded OS loads of time, drained the battery, charged overnight... Even if bricked, i could just get it replaced with the warranty.
    03-02-12 09:40 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD