I really want a blackberry for my birthday - is this worth the money,
    is this the best blackberry out there atm?
    11-13-11 08:16 AM
    It is if you need and like a full keypad.
    sophiebeaar likes this.
    11-13-11 08:17 AM
    It is if you need and like a full keypad.
    is there any cons
    is it slow?
    i know the camera issues
    but will it freeze alot etc.
    11-13-11 08:21 AM
    Without question! Love it!
    sophiebeaar likes this.
    11-13-11 08:22 AM
    I haven't got any complaints with my 9900. I came from the Torch 9800 which was pretty fast at different functions but the 9900 is super fast in comparison. Much easier and faster to type too.

RIM will have a job to better the Bold 9900
    sophiebeaar likes this.
    11-13-11 08:27 AM
    Just read the threads in this forum. Lots of information here.
    11-13-11 08:43 AM
    Where can I find a forum about the 9900?
    11-13-11 08:49 AM
    y e s i t i s
    11-13-11 09:07 AM
    It is all a matter of personal preference. I have owned an 8310, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9810 and now the 9900. I use the 9900 for work and the 9810 as my personal device. Do you like the bar vesus the slider? Do you want a physical and virtual keyboards or just the physical one? Do you want to browse the web on a larger screen? As you have to use the device every day, you need to go into a store and try both the 9810 and the 9900 and really test it thorughly yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 09:22 AM
    Absolutely!!

-The web browser has improved (on par with the iPhone)
    -The UI is awesome and very fluid
    -Youtube streaming is awesome!
    -The phone is beautiful and thin
    - The keyboard is AMAZING!!!!

[YT]watch?v=48wESSsnOhg[/YT]
    Last edited by shemaree09; 11-13-11 at 09:43 AM.
    sophiebeaar likes this.
    11-13-11 09:23 AM
    No it isn't. The Blackberry Storm is.

Geez, what answer would you expect in the 9900 forum?
    11-13-11 09:23 AM
    Yes, its the best BB now

11-13-11 09:28 AM
    In short, yes, for sure it is the best(est) flagship bb.

donnation likes this.
    11-13-11 10:16 AM
    Yes. I jumped from my 4S to this beast. I do not miss my iPhone at all.

anon(73368) likes this.
    11-13-11 10:23 AM
    YES, it is
    11-13-11 10:39 AM
    Not the best phone. But definately the best blackberry for communication purposes. For multimedia, go for android with their dual core. ipad 2 can't even run a decent high def avi. but a dual core htc/samsung will be sooo smooth. Use 2 phones to get the best of both worlds.
    11-13-11 10:55 AM
    The jury is still out as bricking seems to be occurring with more frequency than previous berries.
    11-13-11 11:13 AM
    I've previously had an 8900, a 9000, a 9700, and a 9800 and this the best of the bunch. Is it the best smartphone? Depends what you use it for.. But if you need a Blackberry, this is (in my opinion) the only option.

11-13-11 11:36 AM
    Stop messing with people who comes here for information. It's not a good phone, all mobile reviews has rated much cheaper phones higher.

The 9900 looks good and thin like an iPhone/BB hybrid. Well it's not even that thin, and being thinner than older BBs made the battery thinner as well. It's all good if it at least has the same capacity but no you get about 20% less of it.

So to recap...20% less battery, this might not sound a lot(heh) but consider the single core(not as battery efficient as multi core) 1.2 ghz cpu (compared to 9700 600mhz), a big bright touch screen, a "liquid" UI that runs on top of a GPU(those things made your gaming smoother and also drains your battery faster). I'm not sure what those apologists are smoking saying that the battery life is great, even on paper it looks bad, but whatever it is I'd like to try a whiff or two.

For me personally I just got the phone like a week ago from corporate(**** if I pay the $600 for outdated tech out of pocket) and it already is giving the same errors as my old bold. I can't hear my ring/message tones and alarm but media player plays mp3s just fine. Yes, it's fixed after a battery pull but it's just not reliable.

Just get the old bold 9700 it's more sturdy which is what a blackberry should be, it's not an iPhone no matter how much RIM want to emulate Apple, if you're that desperate for a touch screen consider using an iPod/iPad side by side with the BB.
    Last edited by hahree; 11-13-11 at 05:41 PM.
    11-13-11 05:37 PM
    Stop messing with people who comes here for information. It's not a good phone, all mobile reviews has rated much cheaper phones higher.

The 9900 looks good and thin like an iPhone/BB hybrid. Well it's not even that thin, and being thinner than older BBs made the battery thinner as well. It's all good if it at least has the same capacity but no you get about 20% less of it.

So to recap...20% less battery, this might not sound a lot(heh) but consider the single core(not as battery efficient as multi core) 1.2 ghz cpu (compared to 9700 600mhz), a big bright touch screen, a "liquid" UI that runs on top of a GPU(those things made your gaming smoother and also drains your battery faster). I'm not sure what those apologists are smoking saying that the battery life is great, even on paper it looks bad, but whatever it is I'd like to try a whiff or two.

For me personally I just got the phone like a week ago from corporate(**** if I pay the $600 for outdated tech out of pocket) and it already is giving the same errors as my old bold. I can't hear my ring/message tones and alarm but media player plays mp3s just fine. Yes, it's fixed after a battery pull but it's just not reliable.

Just get the old bold 9700 it's more sturdy which is what a blackberry should be, it's not an iPhone no matter how much RIM want to emulate Apple, if you're that desperate for a touch screen consider using an iPod/iPad side by side with the BB.
    Most reviewers are simply biased to Apple like the rest of the tech world right now. The fact of the matter is, the OP asked here to find out from actual owners of the phone. Not some reviewer that used it for a week, then went back to an iPoop. I've had my 9930 since 8/21. I have no battery issues whatsoever. All my ringtones and alarms play loud (as BlackBerry should) with no issue. I believe 10.5mm is pretty thin as smartphones go. There are plenty of other smartphones that are thicker. HTC Vivd just came out and is 11.2mm.

Maybe YOU should stop messing with people. This is a great device. RIM has outdone themselves with this new Bold. Sounds like you really don't like BlackBerry that much, which is fine, but don't come here spouting about reviewers, ratings, and how you wouldn't pay blah, blah, blah. Rim's not trying emulate Apple, they built the BEST Bold so far. I for one, paid a premium price for mine and it was worth every penny. There is nothing outdated about this device. It isn't a toy, it's not for playing games, and it is very fast and fluid. Email, messaging, calls, and organizing my life, that's what this BlackBerry was built for and it does it perfectly.
    11-13-11 07:18 PM
    I'm really liking mine so far. I had a 9800 and then a 9860 and now a 9900 and so far its by far the easiest to use. The keyboard ROCKS and the screen is awesome. Browser works better than previous models. This reminds me of my old 9000 that was a great phone until I dropped it and the radio crashed. And I love that little blinking light....
    11-13-11 09:32 PM

I think you got a lemon. My phone is running perfectly and battery life is much better than the 4S I had.
    11-13-11 09:36 PM
    I've had the curve 8300, the Bold 9700 (a referb just for a short time), the Torch 9800, and now the Bold 9900. The 9900 is the best by far in my opinion. It has an amazing keyboard, it very fast and fluid, and I love the touch screen. I haven't had this one for too long yet, but I've had no problems so far. Battery life isn't like the marathon ones BB is known for, but I believe it's quite decent considering what all it's powering.

All in all, I love this BB the best. I plan on keeping it for quite a while!

11-13-11 10:05 PM
    By far it is the best BB I have used. I have had zero issues with my 9930. It performs fast/smooth and I am always using it all day.

As with any device I've had... I always have a spare charger, car charger, and USB cable with in reach. Shouldn't we all?

I can make my battery drop signicantly fast with my heavy use and on my down days I can make it last all day.
    11-13-11 11:00 PM
    for sure its ..you going to luv t for sure
    11-14-11 01:58 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD