Hello
    i am a using a blackberry 9900 for almost 10 months now and have been quite happy ever since the 7.1 update came and improved the battery life.Now since 2 days i am noticing that my blackberry 9900 has been draining a lot of battery.. it doesnt even work for 7 hours in a day.Which used to work for a full day before.just for the info around 7 days back i dropped my blackberry on the floor so does it have nething to do with that? secondly i have a 16 GB sd card ( Hi speed ) installed on this phone since 1 month or so. i do NOT have any apps running in the background...i close all apps regularly.

please tell me what could be the possible reasons for this
    01-30-13 02:26 AM
    Actually 7 hours seems normal if you are a heavy user.

About the SD card part im not sure, do you use the SD card often? but even then....

maybe the phone is constantly accessing the mem card...
    01-30-13 07:45 AM
    The only time the memory card would really affect the battery is saving songs, pictures, videos, or saving to it in general. Also, if the phone has to keep accessing the memory card. If there is a song you listen to all the time, store it on the internal memory. I would save all media to the memory card but keep Docs to Go on the 6 gb internal memory. Also, if you reset the phone, and the memory card is filled, it will take longer to boot up because it has to be indexed. Booting the phone is a drain on the battery. 7 hours seems normal to me as well, batteries are very cheap for the 9900. You could get two extra batteries for around 15.

Actually 7 hours seems normal if you are a heavy user.

About the SD card part im not sure, do you use the SD card often? but even then....

maybe the phone is constantly accessing the mem card...
    01-30-13 10:49 PM
    I would say yes, the SD will effect the battery life. The more files that need indexed, the more the CPU is working.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 11:09 PM
    Yes. It is related. If its in it will read and write but always be on the ready to do so. As far as how much is affected by it I can't see much more that 10-15% at most. Even that's on the high side. I forgot where I read it but it was some tech site that explained it
    02-01-13 02:32 AM
    I would try a new battery. They are only about �6 on Amazon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 03:37 AM