From what I see Blackberry 10 is going to be an awsome platform, but what I would love to know is will the 9900
    06-01-12 09:03 AM
    not sure what the specific question is but if you're asking if OS 10 will be available for the 9900 it will not as stated in many other threads.
    06-01-12 09:07 AM
    From what I see Blackberry 10 is going to be an awsome platform, but what I would love to know is will the 9900
    I don't believe you will see anymore OS 7 devices from Rim and they definitely won't run bb10. I just hope to see a bb10 with a physical keyboard at launch.
    06-01-12 09:16 AM
    lol...i got this one.
    We will not see a bb10 with a physical keyboard at launch, but will in the near future of bb10.
    The first bb10 has to truly compete or rise above android and apple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-01-12 09:26 AM
    The should release BB10 with a keyboard first!

How awesome would it be to have a new OS that stands out from the boring slab phones that are out today??
    06-01-12 10:11 AM
    The should release BB10 with a keyboard first!

How awesome would it be to have a new OS that stands out from the boring slab phones that are out today??
    Problem is that many more people want a phone in the I Toy format than want a physical keyboard.

This means that if RIM want to convert users from other platforms with OS10 devices they have to appeal to that market.

On the upside, for us keyboard folks all the bugs should have been ironed out of BB10 by the time we get our BB10 Bold
    veritas_vincit likes this.
    06-01-12 10:15 AM
    Problem is that many more people want a phone in the I Toy format than want a physical keyboard.

This means that if RIM want to convert users from other platforms with OS10 devices they have to appeal to that market.

On the upside, for us keyboard folks all the bugs should have been ironed out of BB10 by the time we get our BB10 Bold
    True, but I think this is where RIM is not fully taking advantage of the ONE thing they are known for.

There arent many Blackberry users today. Thats a fact. The people who still have them use them for the email and KEYBOARD! Some even carry a Blackberry and an iPhone. Why not combine the best of both worlds with an awesome new OS???

A full touchscreen Blackberry has no real advantage for me compared to other phones out there.

The Bold 9900 is the best thing RIM could've ever produced! but it has been ignored due to its delayed release and little marketing. Many people moving on to other platforms before it was released.
    06-01-12 10:29 AM
    True, but I think this is where RIM is not fully taking advantage of the ONE thing they are known for.

There arent many Blackberry users today. Thats a fact. The people who still have them use them for the email and KEYBOARD! Some even carry a Blackberry and an iPhone. Why not combine the best of both worlds with an awesome new OS???

A full touchscreen Blackberry has no real advantage for me compared to other phones out there.

The Bold 9900 is the best thing RIM could've ever produced! but it has been ignored due to its delayed release and little marketing. Many people moving on to other platforms before it was released.
    I agree that marketing of the Bold was a disaster, but the fact remains that physical keyboard users are in the minority and I suspect that this will not change no matter how awesome the BB10 keyboard device turns out to be.

This being the case, RIM will aim for the mass market of big screen touchscreen virtual keyboard phones as a priority as that is where they will seek to convert IOS and Android users to BB.

We keyboard folk have nowhere else to go so will increasingly come a poor second in terms of new devices which is sad but true. As I have said before, for me, no physical keyboard, no reason to stick with RIM.

I will stick with my 9900 until it dies rather than upgrade to a BB10 virtual keyboard device.
    06-01-12 10:43 AM
    I agree that marketing of the Bold was a disaster, but the fact remains that physical keyboard users are in the minority and I suspect that this will not change no matter how awesome the BB10 keyboard device turns out to be.

This being the case, RIM will aim for the mass market of big screen touchscreen virtual keyboard phones as a priority as that is where they will seek to convert IOS and Android users to BB.

We keyboard folk have nowhere else to go so will increasingly come a poor second in terms of new devices which is sad but true. As I have said before, for me, no physical keyboard, no reason to stick with RIM.

I will stick with my 9900 until it dies rather than upgrade to a BB10 virtual keyboard device.
    Me too.
    06-01-12 10:45 AM
    I don't believe you will see anymore OS 7 devices from Rim and they definitely won't run bb10. I just hope to see a bb10 with a physical keyboard at launch.
    it should be a bold 10000
    06-01-12 10:52 AM

Ditto!

06-01-12 11:03 AM
    I'm not so sure I will.

I absolutely love my 9900, but I'll be honest. I've never been a super-typer, so when I was playing around with my wife's 9850 the other day, I was typing nearly as well on it as on my 9900. I think it had something to do with the larger landscape keyboard and my huge mitts.

So a BB10 virtual keyboard-especially with the virtual Bold frets spacing it out a bit more-may be just fine for me.

But I'm not a power user. I don't compose long emails. My keyboard is used for texts, and search bars, and that's about it.

So I may just jump to a full touch with my next upgrade.
    06-01-12 12:32 PM
    IMO Bb10 is basically iPhone in its earliest stage.
    06-01-12 12:33 PM
    IMO Bb10 is basically iPhone in its earliest stage.
    Oh noes! They're removing MMS...and Cut/Paste...and push...and multitasking...and expandable memory...and removable batteries...and apps from "unofficial channels"...and A2DP...and GPS?

You're right! This is an early iPhone!!!

Troll elsewhere...
    06-01-12 01:47 PM
    Think concept. Not features.l

Bb10 is not in its final form. Lots of things will change by the time production takes place. I wouldn't bet on any features that may or may not be included once it's released to the general public.

By the way, I don't personally own an iPhone, but I know people who do. Yes, you can do MMS, Cut/Paste and GPS (mapquest). Does it matter to an average user how messages/emails are delivered, either via push or fetch method? Why would you need a removable battery? My friends never had the need to yank the battery unless the OS crashes or they needed to reset.

I don't understand why you refer to my reply as "trolling". It's a forum. People are encouraged to post their opinions. You may or may not agree with my statement/opinion, and that's ok, but don't label this as another "troll reply". If this is "trolling", how are your replies/opinions any different?

Oh noes! They're removing MMS...and Cut/Paste...and push...and multitasking...and expandable memory...and removable batteries...and apps from "unofficial channels"...and A2DP...and GPS?

You're right! This is an early iPhone!!!

Troll elsewhere...
    06-01-12 02:16 PM
    Bb10 is not in its final form. Lots of things will change by the time production takes place. I wouldn't bet on any features that may or may not be included once it's released to the general public.
    You're right. It's absolutely not in its final form. But the Dev Alpha is very indicative of what we're likely to see. They included features which they wanted app developers to base their apps around, indicating that these would be in the final form.

By the way, I don't personally own an iPhone, but I know people who do. Yes, you can do MMS, Cut/Paste and GPS (mapquest). Does it matter to an average user how messages/emails are delivered, either via push or fetch method?
    You can to MMS, cut/paste, multi-tasking, and GPS NOW. Your statement was that BB10 is equivalent to iOS in it's earliest form, which had none of these. As to push/fetch, push is more battery efficient. It does note require the device to be constantly asking "anything yet? No? How bout now?", which requires power to complete the processing cycles and queries.

Why would you need a removable battery? My friends never had the need to yank the battery unless the OS crashes or they needed to reset.
    One of my favorite things about most BlackBerry devices has been that they tend to last all day. Most of my iOS or Android friends charge theirs at least once mid-day, as well as at night. But in the recent trend for "thinner", battery capacity is sacrificed, and a hot-swap-able battery makes all the difference when you are too busy to just stop and wait for a charge.

I don't understand why you refer to my reply as "trolling". It's a forum. People are encouraged to post their opinions. You may or may not agree with my statement/opinion, and that's ok, but don't label this as another "troll reply". If this is "trolling", how are your replies/opinions any different?
    I felt your post was an attempt at trolling simply because the only real point to it was to say "iPhone is better" without any substantiating points. Thanks for taking the time to clarify that it was not.
    Last edited by Xader; 06-01-12 at 03:26 PM.
    06-01-12 03:24 PM

Agree 100%.
    06-01-12 03:35 PM
    I suppose it's obvious that we arrived at the meanings of what we posted differently. I never had a true interest in the iPhone, not even the current 4s. So, there was no implication that "iPhone is better".
    06-01-12 03:36 PM
    I suppose it's obvious that we arrived at the meanings of what we posted differently. I never had a true interest in the iPhone, not even the current 4s. So, there was no implication that "iPhone is better".
    Yup, I guess I misunderstood. Sorry for the harsh first comment.
    06-01-12 03:48 PM
    Eh, no worries. It's hard sometimes for me to try to explain when I'm trying to sneak in some web surfing time on my iPad using the company's "hidden wifi" because Internet access is blocked on my work computer.

Yup, I guess I misunderstood. Sorry for the harsh first comment.
    06-01-12 03:57 PM
    Eh, no worries. It's hard sometimes for me to try to explain when I'm trying to sneak in some web surfing time on my iPad using the company's "hidden wifi" because Internet access is blocked on my work computer.
    Ha! An iPad! I KNEW IT!

lol
    06-01-12 04:01 PM
    It's easier to hide the ipad between the pages of a composition notebook than a ThinkPad.
    06-01-12 04:10 PM
    I'm going to wait on the BB10 with keypad and until it's release, I will be content with my Bold 9930
    06-01-12 07:35 PM
    lol...i got this one.
    We will not see a bb10 with a physical keyboard at launch, but will in the near future of bb10.
    The first bb10 has to truly compete or rise above android and apple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    RIM does this and it will be a huge mistake. You don't leave loyal customers to wait while you attempt to cater to people who've already defected. Its a spit in the face and I would be offended seeings how I've hung on to BB when all others have bailed.
    06-01-12 11:35 PM
    I would add that if RIM really wants people to believe they are even close to competing with androids and iphones, they may want to act like they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Meaning, make two phones at once. Not a huge task imo. Stop thinking small, think big, make two phones.
    06-01-12 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD