- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
BIS not working on South African GSM network
Hi, I recently bought an unlocked Sprint Blackberry 9930 from New York whilst on holiday. I live in South Africa where where GSM networks , I put my sim with data activated into my new phone and i can make calls and send texts but cannot get the BIS data working on the phone. I have done some research and have been advised to request Sprint to release my BB Pin in order for the GSM data to start working in South Africa.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- 12-09-2012, 02:34 PM #2
The problem is likely not that the device is still active on Sprint, but rather that your service provider does not support that device natively so you do not have the proper Service Books on the device. You will need to manually load them. Either you need to bring them over from a previous BlackBerry device that you might have had or see if they are available on the internet for download.
If you can't load the Service Books, then you will not get the BIS data working. And in that instance, you will need to get a device that is supported by your service provider.
- 12-10-2012, 05:58 AM #4
How do I manually load the service books ?
Where would I find the South African Vodacom service books online ?
- By sanghvidheeraj in forum BlackBerry 6Replies: 9Last Post: 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
- By sanghvidheeraj in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 9Last Post: 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
- By boobah204 in forum AT&TReplies: 7Last Post: 04-16-2010, 05:54 AM
- By firemedictj in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 03-25-2010, 02:19 AM
- By firemedictj in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 16Last Post: 03-25-2010, 02:19 AM