I just purchased a second-hand BB 9900. My network provider, giffgaff, has confirmed that the SIM card is fully set up properly but BIS doesn't work in my phone. Yet my girlfriend's BB SIM which is on Vodafone, seems to work fine in my phone.

People suggest that it's still registered to a previous network and the PIN/IMEI needs to be released. But this doesn't explain why my girlfriend's BB Vodafone SIM works fine in my phone?

See these two threads for more info:

BlackBerry Bold 9900 - enterprise email only? - The giffgaff community

BlackBerry BIS issues - please help! - The giffgaff community

I found the vendor ID of the phone. It is 603 which is Jersey Telecom/Trigcom/ Telenor Serbia/Siminn/ Brightpoint UK/Sonofon/Mobitel/ Telenor Hungary/Brightpoint Netherlands/ Brightstar AZLAN UK/Cable Wireless UK/20:20 UK/Globul/Polkomtel /Optimus/ TMN Portugal/Telenor Norway

Would the vendor ID make a difference? My girlfriend's BB's vendor ID is 301 which is Carphone Warehouse UK and her BB is second-hand.

Any help will be appreciated.
    02-15-13 01:19 PM
    I had this trouble yesterday im with Tesco and they use O2 BIS went offline about 10am,I phoned Tesco told them that BIS was not working nor internet.Apparently it seems that my BIS was taken off my phone for some reason,why they did not know.All i got was gprs/edge not GPRS/EDGE However this morning it all worked Tesco did say that it would take about 24hrs to sort out.This suggesed to me there was a O2 problem.
    I went on the O2 website lastnight and it seems that O2 did or still have problems with there data.Also a friend of mine told me she had no luck either with internet and she has a Samsung Ace on O2 but all seems to be working fine today.I done a two battery pulls on my Torch 9800 this morning after another message from Tesco, all worked fine now.,then i had 2 message from Blackberry saying thanks for using BIS and also would be receiving Emails shortly.
    Last edited by Aybesea; 02-15-13 at 01:56 PM.
    02-15-13 01:44 PM
    It turns out that my phone's vendor ID is 603 which is Jersey Telecom/Trigcom/ Telenor Serbia/Siminn/ Brightpoint UK/Sonofon/Mobitel/ Telenor Hungary/Brightpoint Netherlands/ Brightstar AZLAN UK/Cable Wireless UK/20:20 UK/Globul/Polkomtel /Optimus/ TMN Portugal/Telenor Norway.

What does the vendor ID actually mean?
    02-16-13 04:27 AM