I just watched the Crackberry review and I saw bing maps and bing search apps on the phone. If you head over to Engadget they also have shots of the app icons in their review.

How come us 9900 owners don't get to try Bing maps!?!?

Last edited by CrackBerryDoctor; 08-16-11 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added pic for reference
    08-16-11 09:48 AM
    That was a screenshot of a VZW BlackBerry. Verizon is very friendly with Bing so that would make sense that they would have it included on the phone. Probably by default.
    08-16-11 10:55 AM
    Even if Verizon has a deal with Microsoft would've thought they would bring their competing map offering to all BB OS 7 phones to go up against the prolific Google Maps.

Anyone have experience with the Bing Maps app on their 9930? How does it stack up to Google Maps/Blackberry maps?
    08-16-11 01:12 PM
    Even if Verizon has a deal with Microsoft would've thought they would bring their competing map offering to all BB OS 7 phones to go up against the prolific Google Maps.

Anyone have experience with the Bing Maps app on their 9930? How does it stack up to Google Maps/Blackberry maps?
    if you were the doctor, you would have the answer.

As mentioned, Bing and VZW are very close, and with that VZW pushes Bing services.

Each carrier chooses what they push, I can almost bet my 9900 that Sprint 9930 will not have bing maps.
    08-16-11 01:14 PM
    Someone needs to rip the cod off the 9930 for the app then. I wanna see what I'm missing out on!
    08-16-11 01:40 PM
    Doesn't yelp install Bing maps on Blackberry?

Also hear it only works if you are in the US.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-16-11 at 02:02 PM.
    08-16-11 01:52 PM
    Bing for Mobile

This will send you a txt with the link for download, though I do not think it will work with an OS 7 device.
    08-16-11 02:07 PM
    Can the default web search be changed from Bing to Google?

I don't mind Bing but I feel Google does a better job with accurate searches and definitely maps. For example, the maping of my neighborhood on Bing shows it still being built, so most of the houses aren't even there yet. My house was built almost 10 years ago Bing! Google shows everything accurately and up to date from less than a year ago. So in terms of accuracy, I trust Google over Bing at this point.
    08-16-11 02:26 PM
    I wish we were able to change the default search engine, you can also goto m.google.com and download Google Search.
    08-16-11 02:28 PM
    This is a verizon thing and to be honest i really don't even want bing anything on my phone.
    npunk42 likes this.
    08-16-11 02:44 PM
    Sorry but your wrong. The sprint version of the 9930 does have the Bing app preinstalled. I'm pissed I can't check it out on my 9900
    09-15-11 10:18 PM
    weird...my first 9900 had bing maps BUT my replacement doesn't
    09-15-11 10:31 PM
    Does anyone have the Bing app and can upload it here ? Google maps isn't good on the phone...and blackberry maps is worse
    10-08-11 05:01 PM
    Can the default web search be changed from Bing to Google?

I don't mind Bing but I feel Google does a better job with accurate searches and definitely maps. For example, the maping of my neighborhood on Bing shows it still being built, so most of the houses aren't even there yet. My house was built almost 10 years ago Bing! Google shows everything accurately and up to date from less than a year ago. So in terms of accuracy, I trust Google over Bing at this point.
    Yes you can. I have done it. Open the browser -->click on the search box --> you will see a grey box with the Bing logo, click on it and it will pull out a list --> on the list the very last one is "Manage..." click on it --> change your default.

I have changed it to Google and when I type on home screen it always pull out "Search with Google"

Hope this helps.
    10-08-11 05:10 PM
    Here you go!

http://static.appserver.m.bing.net/B...40480/Bing.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 08:23 PM
    Many thanks jefo! Installed and working great on my 9900 :-)
    12-19-11 09:46 AM
    When Verizon entered in a multi-million (half billion, if I recall) deal with MS, Bing became the default search engine on their phones. And while you can change it to wiki or Dictionary, you canNOT change it to Google. Obviously, you can create your own bookmark to google but not change the default search to include it.
    12-19-11 10:09 AM
    When Verizon entered in a multi-million (half billion, if I recall) deal with MS, Bing became the default search engine on their phones. And while you can change it to wiki or Dictionary, you canNOT change it to Google. Obviously, you can create your own bookmark to google but not change the default search to include it.

Not true at all. I have Google as default and works perfectly.

http://m.crackberry.com/change-defau...e-blackberry-7

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD